WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

Registered
Unless he is Panerol Forte or @Pongster, I doubt they would even entertain his request. He would probably get laughed out of the store like the rest of us who went in to enquire about a Pepsi or Cermit..
Possibly, one never knows until one tries. On the other hand he leaves with the same thing he came in with; his dignity

Registered
Possibly, one never knows until one tries. On the other hand he leaves with the same thing he came in with; his dignity
That鈥檚 true. But the last time I tried it at a new AD when the new steel Pepsi were released, they politely placed me on a wish list without even asking for my contact number. :rolleyes:

Registered
That鈥檚 true. But the last time I tried it at a new AD when the new steel Pepsi were released, they politely placed me on a wish list without even asking for my contact number. :rolleyes:
Right but OP is wanting an OP for his wife, I don't know the availability of those but one thing I have learned here is that SS sportys are only available for unicorn whales (I guess they would be narwhals ?)

Registered
Right but OP is wanting an OP for his wife, I don't know the availability of those but one thing I have learned here is that SS sportys are only available for unicorn whales (I guess they would be narwhals ?)
Tiffany Blue aka Turquoise dial OPs are selling for above $20k in the grey market. I believe they are even harder to get at retail than a black Sub.

Registered
Samsung Gear Sport
Not a chance in hell. People want the product. They need the product. They gotta have the product. People live for it, and some even die for it. Rolex has become a drug; there are labs, pushers, users, and ultimately, victims.
Customers have power to make a change if they organize, see reality from non AD provided POV and take action. Vote with their money. I can't help OP. I don't think he needs to form any kind of relationship with AD just to buy watch. Walk in talk and see what happens. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I don't think 1 million watches a year are bought by people who Rolex junkies either. Justifying such behavior by saying hey it is what it is and people "gotta have it" not going to make anything better in long run or short run either.

This craze is bad on so many levels i don't even want to start making a list.

Premium Member
Call in to see the AD in your Sunday best and ask to be put on the wait list. They should be able to see past the clothes but sadly that鈥檚 not often the case. Once you are on the list find a reason to ring them now and again so they remember your name.

Registered
Hey, it's retail. They only want to sell you a watch and will smile and sweet talk you to death ... like a car salesman.

Premium Member
The whole concept of fostering a relationship to buy a watch makes me so glad I have not been in a watch store in 10 years.
<< emphasis in your quote is mine >>
I totally agree.
Though I have no problem building a relationship as I buy watches from a dealership.
That, I think, is normal commerce and not at all like the sycophantic-predatory codependency between Rolex-wanna-buys and Rolex ADs.

Registered
>
I totally agree.
Though I have no problem building a relationship as I buy watches from a dealership.
That, I think, is normal commerce and not at all like the sycophantic-predatory codependency between Rolex-wanna-buys and Rolex ADs.
I have some favorites. AZ Fine Time is my preferred vendor for Seiko. Topper for Oris. I used to buy from Timeless, too. All of them have been good to me without having to be coddled or anything. I just like straight shooters and the thought of forming a relationship in a store makes me feel a little gross. I鈥檓 just uncomfortable with sales people, other than car sales. I eat those guys for breakfast. And the only thing I care about buying cars is price and service department.

Registered
Bake some brownies and write a dear AD letter explaining why you should be considered deserving of buying a piece of wildly overpriced jewelry from them. Include family photos for best results.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts