WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, theres this question i've been longing to ask.
Which is more accurate? Auto winding or Manual Winding?
whats the longest power reserve for auto winding or manual winding?

Thanks all:-!

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
I don't think auto or manual winding will affect the accuracy of a watch, only it's state of wind.

G

·
We had that issue already here on WUS, no much difference.

Don´t know the longest power reserve but 8 days is quite long, isn´t it. The Eberhard & Co 8 Jours is a nice example.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks LUW, thanks mike. i thought manul winding is more accurate because we dont have to worried about spring, just see the power reserve indicator(meaning if its low, than wind it) :)

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
i thought manul winding is more accurate because we dont have to worried about spring, just see the power reserve indicator(meaning if its low, than wind it) :)
An automatic has the potential to be more accurate because it can keep the mainspring consistently wound. A watch keeps better time if the mainspring is in the upper half of it's wind state. When the spring starts to wind down, it loses power and doesn't have the same amount of torque to drive the gears, which in turn don't push the balance & hairsrping assembly to it's full oscillation.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
An automatic has the potential to be more accurate because it can keep the mainspring consistently wound. A watch keeps better time if the mainspring is in the upper half of it's wind state. When the spring starts to wind down, it loses power and doesn't have the same amount of torque to drive the gears, which in turn don't push the balance & hairsrping assembly to it's full oscillation.
Now that helps a lot

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How about auto winding, i know that valjoux can withstand to 46 hour power reserve, could there be any longer than that besides chronograph

1 - 10 of 10 Posts