WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a big fan of the GMT complication. The GMT Master II is a dream, but currently overpriced in my opinion.
Can you guys suggest a brand with a nice automatic GMT model, simple design, non homage? It can have an ETA movement or Japanese, I don't really mind.

An example that would fit the bill is Farer: https://farer.com/collections/gmt-automaticwatches

but £1k for an unknown and "stylish brand" seems silly.

however something like a cheap diver with the extra complication would do great.

Ideas?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I am a big fan of the GMT complication. The GMT Master II is a dream, but currently overpriced in my opinion.
Can you guys suggest a brand with a nice automatic GMT model, simple design, non homage? It can have an ETA movement or Japanese, I don't really mind.

An example that would fit the bill is Farer: https://farer.com/collections/gmt-automaticwatches

but £1k for an unknown and "stylish brand" seems silly.

however something like a cheap diver with the extra complication would do great.

Ideas?
How about a glycine airman gmt?

It’s 200m WR so good for a bit of diving too. Plus you can track up to 3 time zones.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about a glycine airman gmt?

It’s 200m WR so good for a bit of diving too. Plus you can track up to 3 time zones.

that is pretty good, and how about something simpler?
I wish I could build my own watch and stick a standard movement in there, 39-40mm case, not many numbers on the dial for an overall "versatile watch".

I have an omega Aqua Terra GMT, which is great. Perhaps the dial is quite busy, but the watch makes up for it in other ways.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
I didn't have Rado on my radar until the Captain Cook vintage reissue last year, so now I browse their website periodically, and I LOVE this Hyperchrome UTC ... it's made out of some kind of proprietary "plasma ceramic" metal. I think the whole thing is pretty sexy. It's also a great candidate for a GADA -- it could definitely dress up or down. I haven't pulled the trigger because I'm more of a dual-time guy, need a 12-hour scale to be truly useful to me, but this is a pretty hot watch ...

r32165102.jpg

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I would suggest looking at Bernhardt. I own the Binnacle Anchor II, which is not currently in production but its been a great watch. Can't beat the build quality of Bernhardt Watches, great oyster style bracelet, 200m w/r, screw down crown and 2 year factory warranty. I've had mine on while swimming, sailing, fishing and golf and never had an issue. I just had it in for a service and its back running perfect. Here's a pix of one of the GMT's

GMT-Black-Main_700x.jpg

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sinn UTC's are really nice. Squale also has some nice GMTs for lower prices than Sinn, but a lot of people consider them clones. Where as the Sinn's designs are more their own.

·
Banned
3,438 Posts
Completely agree. I've owned two, and quality wise they compare very well with mid-range brands I've owned. They're not unknown by people who know watches, but if you're looking to impress other people, you're right, they're probably not the way to go. Neither are Tudor or Nomos or many other respected brands, stick to Tag and Rolex if that's your goal. Not even sure what "stylish brand" means.

I have one and its definitely not silly. It has its own design and quality is on par against anything in its price range. I’m a big fan of this English designed and Swiss made company.

View attachment 13137223

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Christopher Ward Trident C60 GMT

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
There's plenty mid priced GMTs out there but perhaps a pre-owned omega 2534.50 would fit the bill. (Borrowed image)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
21,500 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,500 Posts
I have an omega Aqua Terra GMT, which is great.
So, what niche is the new GMT supposed to fill that is complementary to the Omega AT?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
What about the Grand Seiko GMT SBGM221? Around 3500 on the second hand market, and awesome in every regard!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts