WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently been bitten by the watch bug, and I have developed a fascination with mechanical watches. I'm a gadgets guy, and I still like the complications on a mechanical watch. I've determined I think my ideal watch would have: an alarm, a chronograph, and a slide rule. At that point it is rivaling some of my digital watches in functionality.

I was wondering what is out there that has all three. My guess is that if there is something, it is way out of my price range. I know Fortis makes an Alarm Chronograph, but those are several thousand dollars. And I never found one with a slide rule on it.

I can find lots of quartz watches with the above functionality...but at that point...eh...just turned off by it for some reason.

And realizing the alarm is a surprisingly rare complication, maybe someone can recommend a mechanical with slide rule and chronograph? Under $500 would be ideal, but I'm not surprised if it simply doesn't exist. I'm also good with non-automatic hand wound watches as that seems to bring the price down a bit (see: Alpha Paul Newman Daytona chronograph) while keeping the quality good.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
I think you might be searching for something that does not exist. Especially for under $500.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you might be searching for something that does not exist. Especially for under $500.
Oh, agreed, but then the next thing would be "what is an example of something like this" even if it was expensive, so I can pine over it. :)

But yeah, from searching I haven't found anything like it. I would have thought that a slide rule/chronograph would be relatively available though, but it's hard to find a non-quartz version of these (the quartz versions are all over the place)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Breitling Navitimer. There might be a Poljot handwind chronograph close.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts