WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

First of all, thanks to all contributors to the forums as I received my first automatic as a 21st birthday gift and have been swatting up! Mainly with regards to it running a bit fast. Will see how it goes after I've had it for a few months and just enjoy the look of my Aquaracer 500m vs my old casio!

My watch stopped after not being able to wear it for a couple of days (Damn work :roll:) despite giving it a fair few wrist rotations before I went to bed to try and keep it wound as I wasn't wearing it. I also thought I'd just be able to give it a quick jiggle to get it going again but it wouldn't even make the second hand budge.

Not that it's a huge issue as I had the crown out anyway to reset it - just wondering if this is normal.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
A few wiggles of the wrist will not keep this watch running. You must wind it via the crown to ensure it keeps running for any length of time after it has fully stopped. 40-50 turns will give you about 40 hours of running time.

I suggest that you invest in a winder if your wearing habits require you to leave it off for days at a time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was wondering if its bad for the watch to be continuously wind from a dead stop every 3-4 days? I don't tend to wear it as often as I like, mostly due to forgetting to put it on in the morning. But when I remember to, the watch is always dead.

thanks

A few wiggles of the wrist will not keep this watch running. You must wind it via the crown to ensure it keeps running for any length of time after it has fully stopped. 40-50 turns will give you about 40 hours of running time.

I suggest that you invest in a winder if your wearing habits require you to leave it off for days at a time.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
I was wondering if its bad for the watch to be continuously wind from a dead stop every 3-4 days? I don't tend to wear it as often as I like, mostly due to forgetting to put it on in the morning. But when I remember to, the watch is always dead.

thanks
it will put wear on the crown and threads but not necessarily the movement itself. If you are winding that often, I suggest a winder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts