WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi!

My new year resolution is to play more golf (I know, I know: life is tough, and all that...:-d ). When I went to the driving range a couple of days back, I chose one of my automatic watches, thinking a golf swing was an exellent way to wind the watch. However, my golfing buddy said the impact and jarring from the impact on the ball could damage the mechanics of the watch.

Anyone know is this is true? :thanks

·
Registered
815 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't play golf wearing my mechanical watch. :)

I try to expose my watch to as little shock as possible. I don't even close the car or house door with my watch hand.

Talk about paranoid! ;-)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I golf while wearing an automatic watch on all the time, so do many of my buddies, no issues after years of testing. If golfing is bad, imagine how hard life is for an auto movement when I'm clapping at one of my kid's sporting events.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Not an engineer...........can't tell you................play golf 3 times a week...........always wear an automatic.......................never had a problem!!!!!! :roll:

GO

·
Registered
149 Posts
Not a golfer but I played tennis wearing my Android power reserve - it went from almost zero to full charge in one set - same thing with a Seiko kinetic - I suspect that most auto/mech movements can survive normal activity or even not so normal activity - also, keep in mind that most of the shock energy of striking a golf ball - tennis ball - whatever - is absorbed by your flesh and bone and is considerably dissipated before it gets to your watch.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't play golf wearing my mechanical watch. :)

I try to expose my watch to as little shock as possible. I don't even close the car or house door with my watch hand.

Talk about paranoid! ;-)
Wow that is paranoid! I wear my black monster to work with me which involves shipping and recieving in a large warehouse. Lifting heavy boxes all day long doesn't even phase it. :-d

Attachments

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
I wear a auto racing Ducati's. no problem with the watch. I even wreak tested a Tag Heuer super deep seadiver.Other than the bezel being ground down, it still worked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts