WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the forum, and im hooked. :)

I would like anyones advice and opinions please. I have fallen hard for the new Avenger Skyland in BlackSteel and having trouble finding one. I did find one online in Germany but he wants just over $6000 for it.
How much were they new? and what are my chances of finding one without paying that kind of cash?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Hi, and welcome

Not sure how many BlackSteel will find their way to Germany! We are supposedly getting 20 here in the UK

I have No 290 of 2000 worldwide.

Cost was £2995.00 RRP.

If you see one, guess you ought to snap one up!

I really like mine, and have bought an after market strap for it as well.

I do see a number of people who are already buying them and reselling .

Good luck!

Davey

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave

What an awesome looking watch. Thanks for the info. I guess his asking price is RRP in Germany..looks legit.

I might contact an AD to see what is State side in that case.
I'll keep you posted.

How do you find the weight as opposed to the Titanium CA, and is the black steel solid or is it PVD coated?

One Jealous dude here! :)

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Hiya

It's black the whole way! Not coated. and pretty weighty, which I prefer to Titanium, although you get used to both.

Do ask the AD for a discount, as many will still offer one even though it's a "Limited." Piece. Alternatively look around on this forum and also Timezone...sorry for swearing Ernie....As you may catch one going "Secondhand."

I really love mine, my only black watch, and the numerals are really striking, also the hands, which make it considerably easier to read than on some of my collection.

I wish you well, and to close here is a pic of it on an aftermarket strap from The WatchPrince who advertise here on WUS

Best wishes

Davey

·
Registered
36 Posts
its an amazing watch i love mine and wear it almost everyday since i got it except if im going to work. if you ever find one u better buy it cause i have 2 friends that are looking hard to get them even at a higher price

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are a hot commodity. I will definately jump if i find one. Im waiting to hear back from the German guy...im just a bit cautious about buying online and not through an AD.

i will be wearing mine regularly if i find one...im a yacht captain so i need durability. Do you think the black steel wears well over time..or is it a Limited that needs to be kept for special occasions to keep its value??

Do you also find that LE Breitlings hold there value well?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi
There was one advertised on eBay last week in the UK: item number 230191746176. It didn't sell, so may be worth contacting the seller privately?
I can't verify it's authenticity but looked good to my untrained eye.
Good luck with your search :)
Ian

·
Registered
205 Posts
Please read my PM to you.
:-!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts