WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I am just wondering what battery life (on average) your getting out of your apple watches

Sorry if this has been asked before but i am just curious.

·
7,923 Posts
I was getting a full 2 days easy out of my Series 2. Just purchased the Series 3 LTE yesterday, I will keep this updated, but from removing from Charger last night at 6:00, at 1:30 in the afternoon I am at 70%. I plan to not charge until it drains fully, I like to do that with all my electronics on the first charge cycle.

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,812 Posts
One needs to be careful as to which wireless radio you are on for the test. Hopping on and off between BT, WiFi, and cellular could give different results depending on the percentage of time you are on each radio.

·
7,923 Posts
I’ve been putting it in multiple scenarios all day. It’s now 29 hours and I just hit 50%. I’ve been reading that the battery life has improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
24,165 Posts
Average Battery Life >>>

One more thing , how do you turn off the activity monitor?
I can't think of a way to keep it off. [edit — see screenshots below] Why would you?

Oh, I haven't bothered keeping track of battery life of mine. I plop it on the charger for a while each evening, then wear it into bed and use it as my wakeup alarm.

[edit] Try going into the iPhone’s Settings -> Privacy -> Motion & Fitness. Also check the Watch app under Privacy.

If you’re concerned about battery life, there’s no reason to worry. I’ve had my activity logging since day one and never felt like it was a battery hog.

If you’re concerned about data privacy, you don’t need to worry, either. All your Apple Health data is encrypted. It also won’t be saved and moved to a newer device unless you choose to use encrypted backups when syncing to your computer via iTunes. Any data shared with Apple through HealthKit, like for medical studies, is anonymized and not tied to your personal iCloud data.

·
7,923 Posts
41 hours off the first charge. Battery is at 28%. This is incredibly impressive. Your mileage may vary, I know usage will discrete consistency and inconsistency, but for a first charge, I am happy. I’ll post 1 more on this when the battery dies.

·
Registered
24,165 Posts
I am surprised that these watches aren't more popular, i have never seen another one in the wild.
Depends on where you are. I can't go out without seeing at least a few of them.

Maybe I should carry along a clicker-counter thing in my pocket and tally how many smartwatches I see during the day.

The bigger picture is, not nearly as many people wear watches of any kind these days compared to twenty years ago, before cell phones became pocket-sized. I stopped wearing them myself when I got a flip phone that had a postage-stamp-sized external display which showed the time.

·
7,923 Posts
I said that a year ago, this year I see a lot more in the wild, I think aggressive pricing pushed a lot of people over the fence that didn’t want to pay as much before.

·
Premium Member
14,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeh i know what you mean, i know they aren't mega money but they cost enough, i like everything about them up to now.

I said that a year ago, this year I see a lot more in the wild, I think aggressive pricing pushed a lot of people over the fence that didn’t want to pay as much before.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
My series one is pretty much drained by bed-time if I use the work-out tracking for an hour or two. Otherwise it’s good for about 30 hours max.

·
Registered
24,165 Posts
Been wearing it since late last night (I think I took it off the charger right before going to bed, but I can’t remember), had it give nav directions in the car, and did about 40 minutes of P90X3 in the living room. 71% now. Might as well keep wearing it, I guess.

·
7,923 Posts
Average Battery Life >>>

We are now at 50 hours and I am now at 6%. I’m thinking I will probably get another 2 hours before it dies. That is off the first charge, typically these batteries only get better after the first few. Realistically, I don’t see getting this every time, but a full day can absolutely be more than expected.

This usage has been loading apps, music, and photos. Trying all the apps and looking through everything to confirm it all went through. An hour on LTE to try that out, a phone call, a lot of texts and emails. Setting up some faces and complications, directions a few times, and checking my Fantasy Football scores about 50 times today. I’ve seen the GPS icon activated a number of times as well. I’ve done some breathing and checked my heart rate a number of times too.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts