WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this Aviator Chronograph watch in the Duty Free Magazine on Delta Airlines. I love the look and based on my research this looks like a Russian company (could be wrong), but don't know anything more.

Do any of you own an Aviator watch? Do you have any thoughts on this company and this particular watch?

AVW5839G4.jpg

I like the look and the functionality seems to be good - chronograph, date, second time.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
806 Posts
Unless I'm very much mistaken, that is not a Russian Aviator. It is a quartz model made in China, for a company who bought the rights to market an Aviator Quartz line separately to Volmax.

That is not to say it is bad, just that it is not mechanical or Russian, so I have no idea about quality. Volmax mechanical Aviators are great, though.

·
Registered
714 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
I actually have that exact same watch sitting in my desk right now! Father bought it on a whim during a trip to Japan last summer. As far as I can say, I have yet to complain about it. Nice build quality and finish and the quartz movement keeps very good time. If I had a complaint to make, it would be that the outer bezel (rotates underneath the crystal) cannot be locked in place. This means that every time you want to set the bezel to a timezone, you'll probably have to redo it because it tends to 'walk' during the course of the day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts