WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived on Friday; here's a quick wrist shot. Really liking it so far -- it's not quite as huge as it appears in some photos, and it's very comfortable. I was somewhat concerned about the crown guard, but like the PAM Luminors I've owned, it doesn't dig into the back of my hand. My first analog G, and probably won't be my last.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Great watch and yes, G-Shock tends to do some cool analogs :cool:

Enjoy it! :beer:

sent with aloha

·
Registered
58 Posts
+3 -- I'm wearing my new one today too! :-!

I also agree on comfort of standard resin band which is far better than the pleather/nylon version on my old PAG40-3V. That Pathfinder is in great condition for age due to not being worn much because of that strap, so ordered replacement Casio resin (p/n 6571) last night with quest for similar comfort. I'll keep my GWA1000-1A primo while letting the Pathy take a beating in rough stuff instead.

BTW, also received my new MTGM900DA-8 G-Shock yesterday. It was fun to check radio time synch this morning and see minutes and seconds were exactly aligned on these very different analog and digital models!

Reactions: mrmike

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Arrived on Friday; here's a quick wrist shot. Really liking it so far -- it's not quite as huge as it appears in some photos, and it's very comfortable. I was somewhat concerned about the crown guard, but like the PAM Luminors I've owned, it doesn't dig into the back of my hand. My first analog G, and probably won't be my last.

Great watch. I just got the same one about a week ago. I agree with all of your above statements about it as well.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Beautiful. Congratulations. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on an analog soon too. I was looking at the GW4000 with green trim but man- yours looks hot!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Very nice. I picked up the GW-A1000FC a couple of weeks ago and am loving it too. Congratulations!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
OH! Will you stop it already with the Aviators!
I have spent at least two hours yesterday looking at pictures and prices,
reading everyone's endless enthousiast write-ups and comments... yet I managed
to resist the "add to cart"-reflex. And now - THIS!
Can't you all please refrain from mentioning this model for about a week or better
yet, forever, and speak more about some Baby-Gs or other very small, uninteresting
and possibly boring Casio products, like, for example, those calculators from the 80s...
This forum REALLY is trouble, just when you think you can take a break, there they come
up with another must-absolutely-have thingy and, what's worse, all agree on it...
Now don't any of you dare jump in with the advice that I should just get one myself,
so I can happily join in all the enthousiasm. I KNOW that is the obvious solution....

·
Registered
20,769 Posts
Congrats! I still can't decide between the 1000 and the 1100

It's basically compass vs temperature, if you only care about time-keeping function, I think the 1000 on bracelet is a good choice, for this purpose even the GW-4000 is more than enough.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats! I still can't decide between the 1000 and the 1100

I liked the 1100 so much that I ordered the green one to go with my 1000fc. But if I were to do it over again, I'd go with the 1100. I prefer the compass over the thermometer and the indices of the 1100 especially with the 12 & 6.

Good luck with your decision...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
OH! Will you stop it already with the Aviators!
I have spent at least two hours yesterday looking at pictures and prices,
reading everyone's endless enthousiast write-ups and comments... yet I managed
to resist the "add to cart"-reflex. And now - THIS!
Can't you all please refrain from mentioning this model for about a week or better
yet, forever, and speak more about some Baby-Gs or other very small, uninteresting
and possibly boring Casio products, like, for example, those calculators from the 80s...
This forum REALLY is trouble, just when you think you can take a break, there they come
up with another must-absolutely-have thingy and, what's worse, all agree on it...
Now don't any of you dare jump in with the advice that I should just get one myself,
so I can happily join in all the enthousiasm. I KNOW that is the obvious solution....
This place is evil

1 - 20 of 20 Posts