WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got this Poljot Aviatior from IW (thanks Marc!) with 3603 movement. It's my first mechanical. I've only had it for a day, my first full wind lasted about 18 hours. Is that about normal? or should I expect longer?
Also, the second hand ticking seems pretty loud.... louder than all my other watches, is that normal too?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey guys, I just got this Poljot Aviatior from IW (thanks Marc!) with 3603 movement. It's my first mechanical. I've only had it for a day, my first full wind lasted about 18 hours. Is that about normal? or should I expect longer?
Also, the second hand ticking seems pretty loud.... louder than all my other watches, is that normal too?
Hi , welcome here . You got an "slow" ( 2.5 Hz ) beating Kaliber from a 'Taschenuhr' inside . 18 hours seems to be a little short . The specs say 41 hours . 'Taschenuhren' are quite loud , but thats relative .
cheers mike

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have one of those on order. If it ever gets here Ill let you know.

Are you winding it till you feel slight resistance? You may just be afriad of overwinding and not giving it a full wind.

How do you like it otherwise? Im a little worried about the size but I wear 42mm pretty well.

I actually hope I can hear mine tick.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses guys. Yes, I was winding until I felt resistance and can't wind anymore.

So on the first wind... lasted 18 hours, and also looks like it stopped for about an hour and started again.

Second wind.... 25 hours and still running and time is accurate.

So good sign so far, I guess the first wind just needed to get some "rust" off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have one of those on order. If it ever gets here Ill let you know.

Are you winding it till you feel slight resistance? You may just be afriad of overwinding and not giving it a full wind.

How do you like it otherwise? Im a little worried about the size but I wear 42mm pretty well.

I actually hope I can hear mine tick.

Max2, I love it. Getting used to the loud TICK. I have small wrists but it seems just right, not too big, not too small. The band is a little smaller than i would like, it's 20mm. I prefer 22mm. IMO i think the thinner band makes the watch look smaller, you would think it would be the other way around.
I love the back too... has one of the biggest exhibition backs i've seen. :-!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Great. Thanks for the comments.

Maybe yours just needed to run a bit and distribute the oil after sitting for a while. Hope so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts