WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,

I'm new to german style pilot's watches, but have really fallen for them recently. After doing research into the various alternatives from Stowa, Steinhart, Archimede & Tourby, I've developped a more precise idea of what I'm looking for. The only question is, am I missing anyone? (quite likely)

What I'm looking for is:

• 42mm or under
  • Handwound
  • Display back
  • Second hand would be nice

With those requirements, the Tourby Aviator B3C Decorated fits the bill nicely. But I was wondering if there are any other options out there that satisfy my needs?

Thanks!

·
Registered
647 Posts
I think Junkers, Poljot and Vostok might also do handwound models. I kept coming up with autos like Oris and Sinn as modern interpretations alongside the Stowa, Laco (don't forget them as one of the original 5 manufacturers ;o) ) and Archimede favourites. Just thinking 'out loud'...

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think there is a watch maker in north carolina, wilson watch works? I seem to remember their watches being reasonable, not sure if they use swiss/chinese/other movement. People really like them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, i think you have all the options. The biggest problem is the central second hand and handwound movement. Stowa has it only in FOLE, LACO don´t offers it, Archimede used Junghas in LE, Steinhart as it LE...

So the only way to obtain Unitas + central now second hand is Tourby, but i think 1800€ is too much.

Or you can search in sales forums and wait if somebody sells his LE (Stowa, Archimede, Steinhart...)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Man...so many options but for a true pilot it needs to be handwound. :-(

Closest one is Stowa Airman 2801 LE but obviously that's not easy to find.

I'm leaning towards the Stowa no date CSOC, Laco is also nice since it is one of the 5 original makers.)

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
The unitas powered Laco is pretty close to what you want minus the sub-second dial.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Zeno has a new classic flieger watch. 42mm with unitas hand winding movement. Has horizontal second hand though at 9 position. Zeno ref. # 9558/9 A-SV

·
Sponsor
472 Posts
Hi, i think you have all the options. The biggest problem is the central second hand and handwound movement. Stowa has it only in FOLE, LACO don´t offers it, Archimede used Junghas in LE, Steinhart as it LE...

So the only way to obtain Unitas + central now second hand is Tourby, but i think 1800€ is too much.

Or you can search in sales forums and wait if somebody sells his LE (Stowa, Archimede, Steinhart...)
TOURBY central second Unitas Pilot´s watches start with 1.000 € NET (not 1.800€)... and comes already with sapphire on front an back, double AR, and a highly finished SWISS movement. The 1.800€ Version is a special Edition.

·
Registered
20 Posts
TOURBY central second Unitas Pilot´s watches start with 1.000 € NET (not 1.800€)... and comes already with sapphire on front an back, double AR, and a highly finished SWISS movement. The 1.800€ Version is a special Edition.
Ok, im from Slovakia in Europe, so for me it is 1.479€. I told only, that TOURBY is now the only opinion to get the original Flieger look and handwound mowement without waiting. But he must pay for it.

·
Sponsor
472 Posts
Ok, im from Slovakia in Europe, so for me it is 1.479€. I told only, that TOURBY is now the only opinion to get the original Flieger look and handwound mowement without waiting. But he must pay for it.
this is also wrong

for customers within the EUROPEAN UNION (EU) the price starting is 1.189 € incl. taxes. The 1.479 € version is with a additional swan neck + Glucydur balance if you need it. If not go with the less expensive version, because it has the same quality. Difference is the additional swan neck + screw balance only. Other extras like domed sapphire or a deployant buckle are all free of charge. You pay 1.189 € + shipping only.

Thank you

·
Registered
20 Posts
this is also wrong

for customers within the EUROPEAN UNION (EU) the price starting is 1.189 € incl. taxes. The 1.479 € version is with a additional swan neck + Glucydur balance if you need it. If not go with the less expensive version, because it has the same quality. Difference is the additional swan neck + screw balance only. Other extras like domed sapphire or a deployant buckle are all free of charge. You pay 1.189 € + shipping only.

Thank you
Yop, you have right, i have looking at 45mm watches, this guy want 42mm

Central second hand and handwond is very important for me, so the only choose is Tourby

·
Sponsor
472 Posts
Yop, you have right, i have looking at 45mm watches, this guy want 42mm

Central second hand and handwond is very important for me, so the only choose is Tourby
this is again wrong :-d

45mm is also available for 1.000 € NET (1.189€ incl. taxes). Here this model:

don´t worry my friend... i know we have sooo many models... but others watch brands selling 2 models only and be called a COMPANY???

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,704 Posts
don´t worry my friend... i know we have sooo many models... but others watch brands selling 2 models only and be called a COMPANY???
Even if a company sells only one model it is a company. Diversification in models does not make a company, but you know that.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
this is again wrong :-d

45mm is also available for 1.000 € NET (1.189€ incl. taxes). Here this model:

OK, I'm confused here??? Are you trying to SELL a watch or trying to make him MAD so he won't buy a watch???

I'm not judging, just saying it looks kind of like.....unfriendly bashing!?!?!:think:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I pulled the trigger on the Tourby Aviator B2c... I really wanted a Stowa but I would like handwound model. All the other ones from other makes seem to have thick 13mm cases and the Tourby is 10mm which is what I like.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts