WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming no AW 2 shows up this September and the IPhone 7 is not a major upgrade, is it worth buying both or waiting until 2017?

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
17,777 Posts
Buy both. Or else you'll always be waiting for the next upgrade.

I'm getting an iPhone 5 SE anyway.

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not own an iPhone, which is why I asked. I also expect any AW released his year not to have cellular capacity.

·
7,398 Posts
I'm thinking no cellular in the next one, particularly due to battery and space. I tend to upgrade annually, but the new iPhone, sell the old one. When contract is up I make money, when off contract it costs the same amount after the sale as it would to upgrade when the contract is up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
7,398 Posts
The current watch has Wifi with limitations. It will connect to known networks that your iPhone has been previously connected to. This means if you forgot your iPhone at the office and you are wearing your watch at home, you will still receive calls, texts, and emails.

I'm thinking Apple Watch 2 may have more independent wifi....

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
17,777 Posts
Unfortunately I think no cellular this year, maybe WiFi.
It connects to WiFi today, although it's still limited to networks already known to the phone (and even then, there's some weirdness about whether the network's security allows it).

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did not recall that, thanks. I should have typed independent WiFi although I would prefer cellular even if 3G.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Tough call. If you wait, you might get a better version, but it's more than a year away (plus you don't know what's in store for sure until then).

Assuming you can swing it, I'd get the newest around Thanksgiving (for a bit of discount), enjoy it, then think about whatever comes out next year.

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tough call. If you wait, you might get a better version, but it's more than a year away (plus you don't know what's in store for sure until then).

Assuming you can swing it, I'd get the newest around Thanksgiving (for a bit of discount), enjoy it, then think about whatever comes out next year.
Why should I expect any discounts black Friday and beyond? Is that for the IPhone or watch?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I snagged the iPhone 6S Plus for $800 no taxes around Black Friday last year. Regular price was $850 + taxes. So you might get some small discounts around Thanksgiving/Christmas. The new AW might get some discounts as well, but neither is for sure, so up to you if you want to wait.

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I snagged the iPhone 6S Plus for $800 no taxes around Black Friday last year. Regular price was $850 + taxes. So you might get some small discounts around Thanksgiving/Christmas. The new AW might get some discounts as well, but neither is for sure, so up to you if you want to wait.
I see what you mean. Maybe there will be a discount for the phone and watch bought together?

·
7,398 Posts
Best Buy and Target were aggressive around the Holidays and every few weeks after. I had saved $100 off my Space Black Apple Watch. The same usually goes with iPhones, they usually give their discounts but those are based on contracts.

Reactions: ronalddheld
1 - 13 of 13 Posts