25-07-2007 16:49 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGES
25-07-2007 16:46 International Hub Arrived in destination country
23-07-2007 21:29 Delivery Agent - HONG KONG - PTT Left origin country
23-07-2007 11:48 Delivery Agent - HONG KONG Collected from customer

Cheers, Ric

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hopefully, it'll be in your hands early Monday morning!

I really want to know how you like it. Hang in there!

·
Registered
294 Posts
The waiting for a watch is always painful. I'm a newbie here, but not to watches, but have been lurking for a while slowly becoming more and more entranced by the whole Doxa thing...damn they are fine watches.
So...just ordered a 750 Sharky Miltary. Now the pain is mine again. But hopefully not for long.;-)

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
The waiting for a watch is always painful. I'm a newbie here, but not to watches, but have been lurking for a while slowly becoming more and more entranced by the whole Doxa thing...damn they are fine watches.
So...just ordered a 750 Sharky Miltary. Now the pain is mine again. But hopefully not for long.;-)
Interesting that it seems several of the latest newbies are drawn to the Mil Sharky. I think you are the third one lately to go for that one as their first Doxa:think:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Jason,
It was a close thing. I initially was hooked in by seeing an orange Sub 600 on another forum, and started looking...and here I found myself. Then saw all the options. Orange is still on the list, just loved the look of the Mil Sharky so much. Believe me many hours were spent in the decision. T-Graph or GMT are on the wish list, although seeing some of those Carribeans... I do like my blue watches too!!

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
Welcome Cyclopath. You've chosen well. In case you missed it, there were only 100 Milsharks made too....

Ric, what do they mean "Awaiting payment of charges? :-s

·
Registered
329 Posts
I was one of those newbies who picked the Mil Sharky as their first Doxa. I've had mine for less than a month. I was taken with Doxa for the history, the uniqueness, the quality, and having read a little Cussler as a kid.

I was looking for an unapologetically Fugly watch at the time. I wanted something to wear that was tough as nails, reliable, and wouldn't get the "hey isn't that a (insert name brand here)" from everyone I met. The classic orange just looked too damn pretty for that. So when I saw the Mil Sharky, I knew that was it. It also helped that I was cruising the Doxa site the last day of the old prices.

I was so taken with the quality of Doxa watches, that I ordered the 1000T Pro to get my fix of orange in a slightly smaller package than my behemoth 750T. Don't get me wrong, the size of the 750T is great for what I want it for.

Oh, and since I didn't have a dress watch and can no longer live with myself if I wear a digital with a suit (I really used to do that) I ordered the Deco as well.:-!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi guys received it today, had to pay £31 customs fee ($62) :roll:

Anyway as much as it is a beautifual watch, as soon as i put it on my wrist i realised its just not quite suited to me,

I have now posted it on the sales corner ready for its 3rd owner :-!

Cheers! Ric

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,192 Posts
That's one thing about the 750T, you either love it or you hate it.

If you don't mind me asking Ric, what was it that turned you off?

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
It actually took me about a week to fall in love with my first, my Carib GMT. Now, I can't imagine not having it........

·
Registered
620 Posts
That's one thing about the 750T, you either love it or you hate it.

If you don't mind me asking Ric, what was it that turned you off?
I'm curious too.:think:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I bought one after Tintin coz I saw his photos and like it a lot more. I just have it with my trip to Nepal .My answer is you should keep it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi guys,

well before this I owned the 600T, I do prefer the looks of the GMT but to actually wear is a slightly different story, first of all, it's a bit too big for my smaller wrist. Sounds strange - but I feel there is a bit too much colour in it for me, I really prefer plain black dials b-). The bracelet is a bit chunky, I liked the 600T's braclet because it felt more like mesh like plus I think I preferred the polished links. I liked the slightly domed crystal of the 600 over the flat on of the GMT

But as I say just looking at both of them in the photos I definately think the GMT is more attractive, just when on the wrist I think it feels a bit much for me - maybe I like the 600T because its slightly more subtle?

Cheers, Ric

·
Premium Member
5,733 Posts
Ric,

Not trying to talk you into something that you don't want to do, but you may want to give the GMT a bit more time. Loving a watch, mostly has to do with getting used to it. Most watches are going to feel different if you've been wearing something else for a while.

After I've been wearing my 750T, and I switch to my Sea-Dweller, the Sea-Dweller feels small. After a day or so, it feels normal. The same thing goes when I switch back to the 750T or my IWC, they feel huge. Another day or two go by and they feel normal again.

Now about the color....you may not be used to color on you watch, but that takes a little time too. Once you're comfortable with the color of the Sharkhunter, you may find that it's not enough. The next thing you know, you'll be wanting a Pro, then Divingstar, Caribbean, etc. You'll wake up one day and your watch case will look like Jason's:-d:-d

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Ric,

Not trying to talk you into something that you don't want to do, but you may want to give the GMT a bit more time. Loving a watch, mostly has to do with getting used to it. Most watches are going to feel different if you've been wearing something else for a while.

After I've been wearing my 750T, and I switch to my Sea-Dweller, the Sea-Dweller feels small. After a day or so, it feels normal. The same thing goes when I switch back to the 750T or my IWC, they feel huge. Another day or two go by and they feel normal again.

Now about the color....you may not be used to color on you watch, but that takes a little time too. Once you're comfortable with the color of the Sharkhunter, you may find that it's not enough. The next thing you know, you'll be wanting a Pro, then Divingstar, Caribbean, etc. You'll wake up one day and your watch case will look like Jason's:-d:-d
I agree with this line of thinking.......I went to wearing my Carib GMT right after my Breitling Super Avenger. The Breitling is a whopping 48.4mm and is a huge chunk. Going to the Doxa seemed way too small. It took me a couple days, but now I think the 750T is the perfect size. I don't think I would sell a watch until making myself wear it for at least a week........

And there is nothing wrong with having a few Doxas:-d

1 - 20 of 24 Posts