WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
586 Posts
Interesting; I have the 0184/5000 (see picture above), but it's a black face. I wonder if they produced 5000 units of each face color...

EDIT: forgot to attach the picture! :eek:. But you can see the number in picture 5 of the line up in my previous post.

· Registered
3 Posts
Re: AWC Alpha Sports - Overview

I decided to pull the trigger on some of those some time ago. I was very nervous then but I'm VERY happy now. All of them keeps time within +10 s/day. As requested, here are pictures of some of their mechanical series. I could add some more individual descriptions and/or pictures if anyone is interested (I just didn't want to make the post too boring). I may not have the right tools or skills so, please excuse my picture quality.

All cases are 316L Stainless Steel with signed crown and a limited edition number (xxxx/xxxx) etched on the screw caseback. All bracelets are solid 316L SS with 10 removable links and signed secure deployant clasp. All bands are signed genuine leather with solid 316L SS signed secure deployant clasp (except in one watch model that comes with a very flexible and comfy rubber/silicone strap and signed pin buckle). All glasses (front and back) are Sapphire glass (back glass is non-fading signed in all except one watch model that is plain). All of them come in either Ebony-like or Teak-like -wooden signed boxes with suede lining (except one watch model that comes in a metal signed box); all watch boxes come wrapped and protected inside another signed black textured cardboard watch box. All watches have 22 mm strap lugs (except one watch model that comes with case-specific sliding lugs). All of them come with neither papers nor warranty or returns; all final sales (now you know why I felt so hesitant and nervous when I first pulled the trigger on them about a year ago :-s :think: :-!).

I will come back and edit with more info. For now let's start from the only model that comes with a silicone strap in a metal case:

AWC Alpha Sports "Limited" Edition (5000 pieces worldwide): Automatic MIYOTA CO. 21 jewels (unadjusted) Japan movement (non-hacking), 38h PR, day-date window at 3 o'clock (day in English and Kanji with red Sundays), front and back flat sapphire glass, black smooth glossy dial with white Arabic numerals and dots, SS skeleton spade-shape hour and minute hands, red slim second hand, 42 x 12.5 mm signed SS case with 60-click unidirectional ceramic bezel (44 mm with signed pull/push guarded crown), fixed tachymetre internal bezel, screw caseback , dust-free black silicone signed strap, 22 mm lugs, 46 mm lug-to-lug, 5 ATM WR.

I would like to eventually change its original rubber strap for a polished curved end link solid SS bracelet, or polished SS/ceramic combination bracelet, or polished black IP bracelet. Any info or suggestion for reliable sources with good (cheap ;-)) prices is appreciated in advance.

Note: box pictures are for demonstration only of how the watch was packaged in the first place. They were recently taken but I have been wearing the watch for a long time already (almost like a beater ;-)).

(to be continued with another model at a later time...)
Hi I have this watch in prestige condition..
I am happy to see the history of this watch !
do know how much exactly thevalue?

· Registered
3 Posts
Re: AWC Alpha Sports - Overview

I decided to pull the trigger on some of those some time ago. I was very nervous then but I'm VERY happy now. All of them keeps time within +10 s/day. As requested, here are pictures of some of their mechanical series. I could add some more individual descriptions and/or pictures if anyone is interested (I just didn't want to make the post too boring). I may not have the right tools or skills so, please excuse my picture quality.

All cases are 316L Stainless Steel with signed crown and a limited edition number (xxxx/xxxx) etched on the screw caseback. All bracelets are solid 316L SS with 10 removable links and signed secure deployant clasp. All bands are signed genuine leather with solid 316L SS signed secure deployant clasp (except in one watch model that comes with a very flexible and comfy rubber/silicone strap and signed pin buckle). All glasses (front and back) are Sapphire glass (back glass is non-fading signed in all except one watch model that is plain). All of them come in either Ebony-like or Teak-like -wooden signed boxes with suede lining (except one watch model that comes in a metal signed box); all watch boxes come wrapped and protected inside another signed black textured cardboard watch box. All watches have 22 mm strap lugs (except one watch model that comes with case-specific sliding lugs). All of them come with neither papers nor warranty or returns; all final sales (now you know why I felt so hesitant and nervous when I first pulled the trigger on them about a year ago :-s :think: :-!).

I will come back and edit with more info. For now let's start from the only model that comes with a silicone strap in a metal case:

AWC Alpha Sports "Limited" Edition (5000 pieces worldwide): Automatic MIYOTA CO. 21 jewels (unadjusted) Japan movement (non-hacking), 38h PR, day-date window at 3 o'clock (day in English and Kanji with red Sundays), front and back flat sapphire glass, black smooth glossy dial with white Arabic numerals and dots, SS skeleton spade-shape hour and minute hands, red slim second hand, 42 x 12.5 mm signed SS case with 60-click unidirectional ceramic bezel (44 mm with signed pull/push guarded crown), fixed tachymetre internal bezel, screw caseback , dust-free black silicone signed strap, 22 mm lugs, 46 mm lug-to-lug, 5 ATM WR.

I would like to eventually change its original rubber strap for a polished curved end link solid SS bracelet, or polished SS/ceramic combination bracelet, or polished black IP bracelet. Any info or suggestion for reliable sources with good (cheap ;-)) prices is appreciated in advance.

Note: box pictures are for demonstration only of how the watch was packaged in the first place. They were recently taken but I have been wearing the watch for a long time already (almost like a beater ;-)).

(to be continued with another model at a later time...)

Attachments

· Registered
586 Posts
Hi Remelie: I'm sorry for my late reply.

I'm not a watch appraiser or anything remotely close, I'm sorry again, and some times personal opinions may hurt the feelings of a hopeful holder of a "found" watch. I can only tell you that just before the pandemia started, those watches were selling brand new in box for CAD $119.60 (down from CAD $299 MSRP). Although price of watches in general have gone up in the last couple of years I'm not sure if that one has also gone up.

That's all I can say, unfortunately. Hope this helps in some way.
Output device Wood Automotive exterior Rectangle Gas

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.