WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone made a clock or watch like the Aztec calendar but for our current calendar system? I'm thinking of concentric dials with seconds in the middle, then a ring for minutes, etc. You then read the time by reading in from the 12 o'clock position.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Every six or seven months, I go to Watches dot com to contemplate buying a Klokers ...

Klokers-KLOK_01_blue.jpeg

And while I was there grabbing this picture, I noticed another brand they carry, Anicorn.

anicorn-S000-BO.jpeg

Not sure if this is the kind of layout you're interested in. In the 1970s, there was a brief flurry of mechanical "digimatic" readers ... mine is a Caravelle hand-winder w/a jump hour (meaning the hour instantly clicks over at 00:59:59). I'd love to have a skeleton dial on this watch ...

Caravelle-Digital-000018-00.jpeg

Caravelle-Digimatic-051719-010.jpeg

My Caravelle is a pretty dull variation on the theme ... check this thread for some really cool examples. It's a mix of jump hours and mechanical digital readers. There are numerous digimatics with the time-telling oriented at 12, which is probably closer to what you're asking for.

https://www.watchuseek.com/f2/any-jump-hour-love-out-there-4655299.html

If you really want to get into the Aztec vibe, check out this one from De Bethune.

debethune-reviewpic.jpeg

Insanely cool, but a bit over my budget range at $300k (probably only $200k at Jomashop).

Interesting thread, will be looking forward to other suggestions.

·
Registered
Samsung Gear Sport
8,414 Posts
Unless it powered by blood of sacrifices it's not true Aztec watch. Also it requires high priest to wind it up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts