WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all there !!!
As you may know, I bought a pre-owned B-1 a couple of days ago - of which I´ve posted some pics last week :-!
The watch is in excellent condition, no scratches at all, not in the cristal or the case, and some very very minors ones in the clasp.
All the functions work perfectly, but I have a question about the alarm:
I´ve noticed that before it begins - at the exact time I´ve set it - it makes two tones (the same tones that the alarm has, one bass and one sharp) and then, after few seconds, the alarm begins - and it last 20 secs - it´s very loud BTW :-!
One minute later, the alarm sounds again, but for 10 secs.
Is this normal?
Thanks in advance !!!

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
13,442 Posts
..a question about the alarm:
I´ve noticed that before it begins - at the exact time I´ve set it - it makes two tones (the same tones that the alarm has, one bass and one sharp) and then, after few seconds, the alarm begins - and it last 20 secs - it´s very loud BTW :-!
One minute later, the alarm sounds again, but for 10 secs.
Is this normal?
Thanks in advance !!!
No. It should play "Hail Brittania", then two bass tones, 7 and 3/4 sharp tones and then 1/2 of a middle "C". It should then follow with an eleven and 13/16 seconds alternating bass and sharp tone alarm. After that, it prepares breakfast and cleans the house. If your beautiful new B-1 does not do all that in that exact order, send it to me and I'll analyze the problem for you. Expect it back in about three years when the battery needs changing... ;-) :-d
Cheers,
Ron

PS. You may contact me on UHF 243.0 mhz. I will continue monitoring the frequency until the battery goes. Hurry.... :-d:-d

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
I always thought a "Heart Starter" was good for getting the day going as well Ron.

Best

Al

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
No. It should play "Hail Brittania", then two bass tones, 7 and 3/4 sharp tones and then 1/2 of a middle "C". It should then follow with an eleven and 13/16 seconds alternating bass and sharp tone alarm. After that, it prepares breakfast and cleans the house. If your beautiful new B-1 does not do all that in that exact order, send it to me and I'll analyze the problem for you. Expect it back in about three years when the battery needs changing... ;-) :-d
Cheers,
Ron

PS. You may contact me on UHF 243.0 mhz. I will continue monitoring the frequency until the battery goes. Hurry.... :-d:-d

Very funny Ron :-d:-d:-d

I always thought a "Heart Starter" was good for getting the day going as well Ron.

Best

Al
And an excellent reply Alan. :-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers,
Ron

LOL !!!, very funny :-d :-!
I´ll try to contact you on 243.0, do you think it´s gonna work since we are so far very far far away !!! :-d - I fly over the South Atlantic ;-)

No, but seriously, what do you think about the alarm? Is it normal?

Cheers !!!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
yep, s'normal (ignore the others, they've probably got 'holiday fever') UNLESS you're talking about the second time zone alarm, which makes a different tune (cool) or the countdown (which makes another sound!)

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
yep, s'normal (ignore the others, they've probably got 'holiday fever') UNLESS you're talking about the second time zone alarm, which makes a different tune (cool) or the countdown (which makes another sound!)
What? A different tune for the 2nd alarm? I have never tried that! Thanks :-!

Kind regards,

Cinq

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"holiday fever", that´s what I thought, hehe :-d

Thank you very much for your reply and for the information about the 2nd time zone alarm, I´ve never tried it !!! :-!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Re: B-1 alarm: completely normal!

Yes, the alarm gives you a little "heads up" with two beeps, then a long signal, and (if you do not acknowledge the signal by pushing one of the pushers) it repeats after a minute. A great feature. I wish, however, that the countdown timer on the B-1 started counting UP after the time ran out (ala the X-33). You'll notice also that every alarm on the B-1 (main alarm, 2nd timezone alarm, and countdown timer) has a different set of tones; once you commit them to memory, you'll know which is calling for your attention.|>

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: B-1 alarm: completely normal!

Yes, the alarm gives you a little "heads up" with two beeps, then a long signal, and (if you do not acknowledge the signal by pushing one of the pushers) it repeats after a minute. A great feature. I wish, however, that the countdown timer on the B-1 started counting UP after the time ran out (ala the X-33). You'll notice also that every alarm on the B-1 (main alarm, 2nd timezone alarm, and countdown timer) has a different set of tones; once you commit them to memory, you'll know which is calling for your attention.|>
Thank you very much my friend, you´ve been very clear !!! :-!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts