WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to buy a Breitling. I have a 6.75" wrist, but I've worn plenty of watches in the 44mm+ category, and they all looked fine to me. My Sinn UX GSG-9 is headed back to Germany for an oil & battery change, then it's going up for sale. I'm looking for an everyday type of watch.

Right now I'm focused on the Steelfish and the B-1. Until yesterday it was just the Steelfish, but I did an image search and B-1's started popping up. Since I'm replacing a quartz watch, I don't see any reason not to include another in the mix.

If you had to wear just one Breitling, what would it be? Can anyone nudge me in either direction.....preferably with photos.....?

·
Registered
133 Posts
If it's going to be your only watch, I would go with a mechanical movement. I love my Steelfish.

The B1 is a nice watch and you can't make a bad choice here.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
You like yours polished too?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts

You can not just have 1 Breitling to wear as daily goes. I wear both my Steelfish and Seawolf. The Steelfish is different, even as a blue dial goes. It's a more sexy type of appearance on my wrist.

The Seawolf Avenger is more utilitarian as appearance goes. It's main characteristic is the dial and how large it is. This makes it easy to read off the time quickly and accurately.

Just wearing these 2 as I'm in a Wal-Mart, walking by the mirror or frozen section, you can see the differences on your wrist much better. And be in a shorts and t-shirt to allow just the true picture to come to view.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have both. Black Dial B-1, and Silver Dial Steelfish XL. If I could only keep one it would be the B-1. I find the B-1 more comfortable, but more subjectively I just consider it a 'special' watch. It has a number of the Breitling external characteristics that I like (as does the Steelfish), but coupled with well thought out and practical functionality.

All that said, you can't go wrong with either, and can easily find yourself with both. :-!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Simple solution:
Buy the steelfish as a high end, functional, beautiful, everyday mecahnical watch.
Also carry around a high end designer quartz clock to use when you want (i.e. iPhone)

Best of both worlds!

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Fish! Fish! Fish!

i love my Steelfish.

Reactions: H2KA

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Congratulations! Enjoy that beauty in good health.

When I saw the title, I immediately thought 'B-1' but there were some amazing shots of Steelfishes in the answers.

My answer to your question however would have been different. As only Breitling in a collection with other brands, my choice would be the Navitimer!

Kind regards,

Cinq

1 - 20 of 20 Posts