WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loving all of the photographs of this watch I've seen so far. How was it that Fortis has completely escaped my WIS radar until only very recently?

Trying to choose between a B-42 and a Sinn 103. Sinn was my runaway favorite chrono until I found the Cosmonaught which seems to be just a few millimeters shorter, and with an arguably more "military" looking dial layout. But how does the watch's size wear? The lugs appear more curved than the 103, which has a somewhat bulbous shape that I doubt would wear well on my small and flat wrist. But with the somewhat squared-off heft of the Cosmonaught, I worry that a very "full" 41mm might get a little too unwieldy. I prefer the bracelet, but with which option would this watch wear most comfortably?

And lastly, while I know that the famed Lemania 5100 version of the Cosmonaut has an awesome matte finish with the Ti. How would you describe the finish on the standard SS Cosmonaut cases? I've seen pictures that appeared more matte, and others much more polished. Hoping it's somewhere in-between a flat "gunboat grey" and merely brushed stainless.

Thanks, and feel free to post pictures |>

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
...sorry — one more question!

Do all Cosmonauts on bracelet ship with the leather and velcro straps? I've seen a number of photographs of such, with the watch (and not necessarily a limited edition one) in a travel case with all the extras.

·
Registered
994 Posts

I sold the B-42 GMT a couple of years ago, to get my Grail - the Lemania 5100 Ti version - which is a fantastic piece of kit - rare, and very hard to find. But so very much worth getting.
Good luck with finding a Fortis you enjoy.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sold the B-42 GMT a couple of years ago, to get my Grail - the Lemania 5100 Ti version - which is a fantastic piece of kit - rare, and very hard to find. But so very much worth getting.
Good luck with finding a Fortis you enjoy.
Has every Fortis you've owned come with multiple straps? Are they all bead-blasted (with particular regard to the SS models)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts