WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Apologies for another "vs" thread, but does anyone know (or care to hazard a guess) which is more popular i.e. is the best seller of the two?

I am referring to the date/date models, which are essentially the same watch with different dial designs.

(not my pics)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Apologies for another "vs" thread, but does anyone know (or care to hazard a guess) which is more popular i.e. is the best seller of the two?

I am referring to the date/date models, which are essentially the same watch with different dial designs.

(not my pics)
By experience: the Marinemaster is way more popular since it has hit the market.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. I'm leaning more towards the Marinemaster - the dial has more 'pop' and the stronger blue lume (as per cnmark's avatar) is cool b-)

At first I was not so keen on the black date writing on a white background, but I can see how it balances the lume marker at 9 o' clock.

Can the Marinemaster be supplied new on a metal bracelet, or does this have to be ordered separately?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys. I'm leaning more towards the Marinemaster - the dial has more 'pop' and the stronger blue lume (as per cnmark's avatar) is cool b-)
:thanks

At first I was not so keen on the black date writing on a white background, but I can see how it balances the lume marker at 9 o' clock.
That's actually a very striking symmetry in the design.

Can the Marinemaster be supplied new on a metal bracelet, or does this have to be ordered separately?
Ref. no on steel bracelet is 647.10.41M - The M stands for "metal band".

If you can get it with the steel bracelet - go for it, even if the price is notably higher than with e.g. rubber band. You'll never get that bracelet as cheap as together with a watch.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a great pic cnmark, thanks for posting it |>

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the B-42 dial types. I'm looking for something to compliment my Flieger day/date and I keep coming back to the MM and OC. The OC GMT is also very attractive. Decisions........ :)

Cheers

·
Premium Member
10,620 Posts
Both are terrific watches and eminently readable. I've been looking at the MM myself....

·
Registered
59 Posts
I own both of these watches. The Ti Cosmo is a bit light for my taste and the MarineMaster is untouchable at night. I am considering selling the Cosmo. Still both are top notch watches.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Cosmo for me because the numerals are in better balance with the dial (and prefer the black date wheel) IMO

Lume's pretty good, even if it ain't blue

both great watches, in any event. Go for the one that floats your boat mate

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like both. The lume is better on the Marine Master. I almost got it because I also have a vintage Fortis Marine Master. But,
the individual numeral dial, with the white on black vs. black on white day date won me over and I went with the Cosmonauts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts