WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

I was wondering if anyone might have a lead on where I can find more information on B&R (sinn) watches. Neither the B&R or Sinn have any info.

I am asking because there is a pre-owned B&R with "Sinn" movement for sale a store nearby for $1300. I was trying to find more information on the watch before I bought it. The case is titanium, the numbers on the bezel are orange and it has a black rubber strap with orange stiching.

I've been looking and looking on the net but apparently not in the right place. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Also, are these B&R/Sinn watches regarded well? Why or why not.

Thanks.

S

·
0 Posts
As a matter of fact the "old" Bell & Ross watches by Sinn are Sinn watches.
1992 Bruno Belamich ("Bell") and Carlos Rosillo ("Ross") founded B & R in France.
To get more insight into the watch business Belamich started his "career" as a trainee at the Sinn factory (similar to Mr. Herzberger / Hacher watches).
There is a rumour (I can´t confess) that the first 500 watches to start with have been bankrolled by Helmut Sinn (lately published at www.welt.de).

At those times Bell & Ross did not try to hide the origin of their watches, and in fact all their dials had been marked aditionally by "by SINN".
The Bell & Ross watches which have been sold in France had their "pendant" sold by Sinn to the rest of the world but - and this seems remarkable to me -for significantly lower prices which partly was caused by different distribution (right form the factory vs. ADs).

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
the model you describe sounds like a diver 300 which is based on the sinn 103-203 ti but the bezel color doesn't sound right.
a couple pics would solve this.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The history is interesting.. I love the look of these watches. I love the sinns, and the new direction bell and ross is going with their own creations.(although still very inspired by Sinn) The pricing aspect is something that makes sense, Bell & Ross is attempting to be a fashionable product name.. you need advertising, distribution and support to do this. Early on their position was the middle man but they have now evolved beyond that.

I think their start up business model was quite amazing

As a matter of fact the "old" Bell & Ross watches by Sinn are Sinn watches.
1992 Bruno Belamich ("Bell") and Carlos Rosillo ("Ross") founded B & R in France.
To get more insight into the watch business Belamich started his "career" as a trainee at the Sinn factory (similar to Mr. Herzberger / Hacher watches).
There is a rumour (I can´t confess) that the first 500 watches to start with have been bankrolled by Helmut Sinn (lately published at www.welt.de).

At those times Bell & Ross did not try to hide the origin of their watches, and in fact all their dials had been marked aditionally by "by SINN".
The Bell & Ross watches which have been sold in France had their "pendant" sold by Sinn to the rest of the world but - and this seems remarkable to me -for significantly lower prices which partly was caused by different distribution (right form the factory vs. ADs).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts