WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm not fluent in german, could somebody please translate the words on the left hand side for me? I'm guessing bauart means movement or movement maker and herseller means case maker? I'm not sure about the rest. I'm asking this because I'm very interested in getting a Airman with these engravings on the back of the watch case. Does anyone know how much Mr. Schauer charges for custom work?

http://www.qahill.com/tz/b-uhr/laco-caseback.jpg

Thanks,
-Thomas

S

·
0 Posts
tfbuyer said:
Hi,
I'm not fluent in german, could somebody please translate the words on the left hand side for me? I'm guessing bauart means movement or movement maker and herseller means case maker? I'm not sure about the rest. I'm asking this because I'm very interested in getting a Airman with these engravings on the back of the watch case. Does anyone know how much Mr. Schauer charges for custom work?

http://www.qahill.com/tz/b-uhr/laco-caseback.jpg

Thanks,
-Thomas
Bauart = Movement (producer)
Hersteller: Producer (not only case maker)
Gerät Nr: Serial no.
Werknr. = Movement number
Anforderz: see my review : http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=27281#post27281

For the rest: Mail Mr. Schauer, he will tell you !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, thanks for the fast reply... less than 10 min! I'm definitely going to get an airman now!

-Thomas

·
Registered
698 Posts
I thought mr. Schauer mailed one of my friends, who ordered the watches, that he wasn't planning on doing these kinds of custom engravings anymore, since it takes way to much time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dale vito said:
I thought mr. Schauer mailed one of my friends, who ordered the watches, that he wasn't planning on doing these kinds of custom engravings anymore, since it takes way to much time.
Really? That kinda sucks, I wished he'll put the solid case back as an option with the serial numbers and stuff as a part of the regular offerings, I heard that lots of B-uhr fans have been wanting this. I think this would be a good idea to add to his options list.

-Thomas

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking something like this:

Beobachtungsuhr
Bauart = STOWA
Gerät Nr: 00001
Werknr. = ETA 2824-2
Anforderz: ST23883
Hersteller: Jorg Schauer

I believe it will be much less time consumming if he added this to the lineup because he could have a batch of casebacks already made with these engravings. He might even have a following of customers asking to order one of these casebacks for their watches.

-Thomas

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
tfbuyer said:
I was thinking something like this:

Beobachtungsuhr
Bauart = STOWA
Gerät Nr: 00001
Werknr. = ETA 2824-2
Anforderz: ST23883
Hersteller: Jorg Schauer

I believe it will be much less time consumming if he added this to the lineup because he could have a batch of casebacks already made with these engravings. He might even have a following of customers asking to order one of these casebacks for their watches.

-Thomas
Couldn't hurt to ask Jorg.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts