WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Previews and leaks my start coming down the pipe around mid to late February. I don't expect any earth shattering changes to the B50/55 lines aside for more limited editions and dial colors. The Aerospace is slated for a mid-cycle refresh as the watch has seen little to no changes since its debut in 2013. With the current deplorable state of the Swiss watch industry and the impeding sale of Breitling, I expect Basel to be quite restrained this year.

I am also keeping a very close eye on Seiko as 2017 marks the 10th anniversary of the release of the caliber 9R86 Spring Drive GMT chronograph movement. Eager to see what interesting stuff Seiko has up their sleeves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

After one B50 night mission. Reselled because DLC is garbage (takes scratches and can't be polish. You must change all the case). The watch is too bigger and i can't wear it under shirts. 16.45mm + the titan deployant buckle are too thick.

So, when i saw the b55, i bought it. BT is an appreciable gadget for quick settings or firmware updates. The watch is thinner and fit perfect with titan strap.

I decided to keep it for my personnal collection as first connected Breitling. I've just buy a new one. Black dial / titan on ti pro strap for everyday.

For me the b55 is more better than b50. The dial is more discreet. The watch no need connection to work. It's independant. Breitling can add more functions by the futur by firmware update from the app.

It's the way to go :p

·
Registered
222 Posts
I am glad you enjoy your B55s.

However, my B50 NM has so far met all my expectations. Haven't had any issues with the DLC and the watch is quite comfortable to wear. Shirt cuffs? Well I don't wear long sleeve shirts all that often but when I do I slip on my Aerospace Avantage:

At 10mm tall and 48mm lug to lug (42mm case) it is hard to beat!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Outch..
Design is like others Breitling for Bentley. Special :)

Yes Aerospace is the perfect size ! Totally agree.

I hope Breitling add features / functions to the Exospace soon. They can tune the watch as they want when we see the new b55 Bentley at race / rally version.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Outch..
Design is like others Breitling for Bentley. Special :)

Yes Aerospace is the perfect size ! Totally agree.

I hope Breitling add features / functions to the Exospace soon. They can tune the watch as they want when we see the new b55 Bentley at race / rally version.
They need to fix the reportedly poor range of the Bluetooth connection.

I like the B55, but I am not yet fully convinced about leaving my trusty B50 NM behind for one.

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Unlikely to make such a review in the extensive fashion others have done. Most of the testing and comments would be in the HAQ link two posts up. A casual BT test lost connection around 3 meters.

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Fully charged yesterday. Did not keep it connected via BT do the charge level is close to 100%. If I did not use the app for most settings and needed the backlight, it would be further down. For the accuracy test I will try to remember to check the charge state.

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
If you use the App to set the time on the B55, the digital time is synced but the hands may be misaligned?

61 - 77 of 77 Posts