WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of picking up a Baby-G for my wife as a Christmas present, and not being a real G officianado, I thought I'd seek some advice from the experts! (I have one G myself, a GW-500 I bought from tribe125, although I'm really thinking about getting a GW-9000 as well for me...)

In short, I'd like a Solar model for her, and I've looked around and seen the Reef models, BGR-290 and BGR-270 which look fairly good. Anyone got any opinions?

Ideally, I'd have liked a solar atomic, is there such a thing in the Baby-G range?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dave,

I know there are atomic Baby-G models, but am not sure if there are European models (JP models receive unfortunately only the JP and US signal).

I'll check if there are any European models,

Cheers,

Sjors
Sjors, much appreciated!

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,595 Posts
STOP THE PRESS!

I found these "5 band" Baby-G models, which receive the Rugby signal too. Maybe not the shape you are looking for, but it is a Waveceptor AND Solar!!!!

You need to order them in Japan, but regarding to the advertention campain, I believe it will be easy available now!!!

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sjors, they look interesting! Thanks for the research, now to find out where to get them and how much!

Hmmm, found a pink one on eBay for $170 US. More searching required, I think!

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,595 Posts
Hi Dave,

These watches are pretty new. I think the price around $170,- is what they will cost. The retail price is 20,000 Yen which is $170.-. If the shipping price is high I suggest to consult Higuchi-San or Seiya-San for getting one. I believe a lot of people here can recommend both sellers.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sjors, thanks, from Seiya and Higuchi's reputations I wouldn't hesitate sending my money their way :)

Mr 73, thanks also, I think I'd prefer to go digital for her, though.

Hmm, nowto decide whether to spend the cash for atomic, or spend less and just go solar...

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Don't be so stingy, Dave - think of all the money you saved on that cheap GW-500...

And anyway, she's a lovely woman, your wife - so go the whole hog and get the atomic! :)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't be so stingy, Dave - think of all the money you saved on that cheap GW-500...

And anyway, she's a lovely woman, your wife - so go the whole hog and get the atomic! :)
:-D I've sent a message to Seiya asking if he can get them and how much. Mind you, definitely going to get a GW-9000 for myself as well... (well, just changing jobs and I thought I'd treat myself) B-)

Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm thinking of picking up a Baby-G for my wife as a Christmas present, and not being a real G officianado, I thought I'd seek some advice from the experts! (I have one G myself, a GW-500 I bought from tribe125, although I'm really thinking about getting a GW-9000 as well for me...)

In short, I'd like a Solar model for her, and I've looked around and seen the Reef models, BGR-290 and BGR-270 which look fairly good. Anyone got any opinions?

Ideally, I'd have liked a solar atomic, is there such a thing in the Baby-G range?

Thanks in advance!
I'd suggest the MSG-900 or MSG-920, they are metal, solar, and wave ceptor...but I can't find a source. If you also like these, maybe in your discussion with the overseas merchant you can find these two models?

Here is the original message thread in which I sought help, but no one else seemed to find them either:

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=186602#poststop

And, here, some direct links to pictures of the MSG-900 and MSG-920:

http://www.ari-web.com/shop/watch/baby-g/msg-900d.htm

The one I most want to find is the MSG-900D-8JF.:

http://www.ari-web.com/shop/watch/baby-g/L/msg-900d-8jf.htm

Here is the more "button-case" style MSF-920:

http://www.e-casio.co.jp/img/goods/1/MSG-920DJ-4JF.jpg

http://translate.google.com/transla...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=/language_tools

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, Seiya-san has come through with an excellent price, so I've just got to choose the colour and send an order off. Sjors, thanks for the steer to those, I think the wife will like the square shape :-! Oh, and tribe, you're right, she is worh it :) :-D

(Gonna order myself a GW-9000 Mudman at the same time, of course...)

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,595 Posts
Hi Dave,

Glad I could help you. At first I wasn't charmed by the suare models, but after I hve seen the great advertisement movie, I must confess they look pretty good when worn. I can't find the photoshoot or movie right now, but here's another nice movie to watch;-)

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
316 Posts
James, interesting looking models, but they're Japan/US atomic, so wouldn't synch over here in the UK :-(
Oops, sorry! I read "looking for Baby-G" and let myself get sidetracked.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oops, sorry! I read "looking for Baby-G" and let myself get sidetracked.
No problem! If you're trying to source one, I would say that Seiya is worth an e-mail. He came back to me within 24 hours with a good price, so I suspect he might be able to help.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thought I should follow this up!

The G's arrived yesterday from Seiya (actually they got here the day before but we were out). Great experience dealing with him :-!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Dave,

Glad I could help you. At first I wasn't charmed by the suare models, but after I hve seen the great advertisement movie, I must confess they look pretty good when worn. I can't find the photoshoot or movie right now, but here's another nice movie to watch;-)

Cheers,

Sjors

I ended up getting her the BGT-1800J-5JF (black/grey colour). Caved in and gave it to her instead of waiting for Christmas :oops: but she really likes it! Thanks again, Sjors :-!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts