WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all--
I'm back from my 10 day vacation in Slovenia, Croatia, and Italy (just an overnight there). It was wonderful, and for anyone who can, I'd certainly recommend both Slovenia and Croatia, but especially Slovenia, for a visit.

I brought a cadre of Russian watches, and wore many, but sadly forgot to take many wrist shots. And the ones I did take are not super great, but oh well:

My sailboat Russian-period fibby out of my window near Bol, on Brač in croatia, just before a run, and then a dip in the Adriatic on Zlatni Rat beach:
null_zps7ad598b1.jpg

My 090 fibby out our hotel window downtown Ljubljana, Slovenia, with Ljubljana Castle and the Cathedral of St. Nicholas in the background:
null_zpsc01c2696.jpg

Interestingly, I also noticed that Pilot and Sekonda were being offered in the duty-free catalog on my flight home (Delta airlines!) I was kind of shocked-- first, not knowing that Sekonda was still a brand that was being used, and second, to see a Sturmanskie quartz available to the masses. (Here's a link to the air canada duty free showing a similar selection--mine on the plane was much better TIMEPIECES/JEWELLERY, Air Canada Exclusive Pre-Order Duty Free)

Finally, I was shocked at the quality of watches on the wrists of the Air France flight attendants. No Russians, but a beautiful IWC pilot (with a written out day at 12, which I can't find) and a very nice Alpina. I think the standard for European flight attendants is quite a bit higher than those in the U.S. :)

Anyway, I had an amazing trip, but I'm glad to be home. And I'm glad that neither the Special Edition GAZ Luch nor the White Pilot arrived while I was gone. (Unless, of course, they were stolen off my steps.)

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Glad you had a nice trip!Sekonda brand still exists but has nothing to do with Russia.I like that on the air canada duty free catalog when i click on the gagarin watch it says "customers who bought this item also bought canadian and scotch whiskie" :-d
Hmmmmm......I wonder..... LOL!! :)

·
Registered
814 Posts
That sailboat watch (and for that matter the newer sailboat Amphibian) is perfect for a vacation, I'd say. Sounds like it was an excellent trip!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts