WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The original blue Bond Seamaster Quartz was my first. Got it in a trade for a Doxa and cash. It was in bad shape, I shipped it to a Watchmaker and had it restored. Owned it for 5 years and it got stolen out of a gym locker. I had it insured, they replaced it with the newest version before it discontinued. I had that for years until last spring when I very regretfully sold it. I also had a black Seamaster ceramic which I added a Speedy style bracelet and a PO Ceramic. Sold all of them to get a Rolex Explorer and a huge rotation of Tag Heuers as I went crazy during the pandemic. The moves ultimately got me a Rolex Sub I had wanted for over 25 years. The Seamasters were regrets. Always had a soft spot for the most comfortable bracelet on a watch, and the unique case design with the Helium escape.

I was thinking of getting a Polar Explorer but kept seeing photos of the white Seamaster with upgraded movement. Seeing pictures on the bracelet and the black straps, watching the reviews. I went to a local AD and tried it on last week. Sadly they wouldn’t discount, so I went elsewhere.

I abandoned the Polar Explorer and pulled the trigger yesterday for arrival this morning. I went to the local boutique today to get it sized, and purchase the black straps they held for me when I called yesterday and found out they had in stock. The weird thing was, I had to force the clasp to close. He pulled a new one out of the display to see how that went vs mine, there was something wrong with it, they replaced it on the spot, it’s now perfect! Can’t wait to swap to the straps tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Congrats, I ordered my 2nd Omega today ;-)

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Congrats on an awesome piece!

I had a similar experience. Started with tag heuer f1's then when I graduated highschool, my parents gifted me with a mid-size quartz seamaster.

This would be my main watch for a long time until I outgrew the mid-size and quartz thing and gave it to my brother in law in 2003.

Fast forward to a week ago and a local trader had the black version in stock and so I traded a couple watches for it and I couldn't be happier. Haven't taken it off so far.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Doug, it's a fantastic watch.

I was deciding between that and the older Polar Explorer (16570). I went to a boutique that had both watches. After looking at them in person, there was no question which one I wanted. The Omega dial is amazing, and with the movement being more modern and robust, I couldn't justify spending an extra $3K for the Rolex.

I still like the 16570, but I doubt I'll ever own it now.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Congrats and welcome back! White dial is one of my favorites!

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
Dang, Doug! You’re on a roll, buddy. You had been talking about that Polar for a while. Glad you got something that excites you - that Seamaster is fantastic . I have half an eye on the blue but as you know, I’m in for a Sub.

and @JLittle too - not a bad day for Omega eh?:)

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Thanks! Whadja get?

Thanks!

I got the Green Aqua Terra ordered today. Should get it between Friday and Monday. Already had the blue Seamaster (I'm guessing by my avatar pic and signature you knew that). :D

·
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats on an awesome piece!

I had a similar experience. Started with tag heuer f1's then when I graduated highschool, my parents gifted me with a mid-size quartz seamaster.

This would be my main watch for a long time until I outgrew the mid-size and quartz thing and gave it to my brother in law in 2003.

Fast forward to a week ago and a local trader had the black version in stock and so I traded a couple watches for it and I couldn't be happier. Haven't taken it off so far.

View attachment 15811284
Part of the fun of this hobby is the maneuvering to get the collection to be what we want it to be

Congrats, beautiful piece
Thank you

Doug, it's a fantastic watch.

I was deciding between that and the older Polar Explorer (16570). I went to a boutique that had both watches. After looking at them in person, there was no question which one I wanted. The Omega dial is amazing, and with the movement being more modern and robust, I couldn't justify spending an extra $3K for the Rolex.

I still like the 16570, but I doubt I'll ever own it now.

View attachment 15811320
The Polar Explorer is a beautiful piece. I like the orange highlights on it, but this dial comes across nicer, and it may had freed up the funds for a Doxa professional to give me my orange fix.

Congrats and welcome back! White dial is one of my favorites!
I can see why. Works perfect with the black ceramic. I really like finishes that show different in various light. That’s what always attracted me to ceramic, and it’s what really got me hooked on this dial.

Dang, Doug! You’re on a roll, buddy. You had been talking about that Polar for a while. Glad you got something that excites you - that Seamaster is fantastic . I have half an eye on the blue but as you know, I’m in for a Sub.

and @JLittle too - not a bad day for Omega eh?:)
This was the right price, definitely the right look. It was between this and the white face Aqua Terra, and this one just yelled at me.

Congrats. The white dial Seamaster is my favourite dial colour in the collection. Enjoy your new Omega.
Omega hot it out of the ballpark with this.

I got the Green Aqua Terra ordered today. Should get it between Friday and Monday. Already had the blue Seamaster (I'm guessing my my avatar pick and signature you knew that). :D
Sweet! Looking forward to the photos

Swapped over to the rubber straps, and I am REALLY loving it. I am thinking I will be keeping them on for awhile. Love the versatility. May have to look into one of the natos or possible one of Erika’s Originals. at some point.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Great photos. I've had my eye on this for a couple of months but haven't managed to see it in person yet. The only gripe I have with this piece is the deeply recessed date wheel. Most people I've talked to here say it doesn't bother them but on the white dial it really jumps out at me. Of course, the white is the one I want.

·
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congratulations!

Nigel
Thank you

Great photos. I've had my eye on this for a couple of months but haven't managed to see it in person yet. The only gripe I have with this piece is the deeply recessed date wheel. Most people I've talked to here say it doesn't bother them but on the white dial it really jumps out at me. Of course, the white is the one I want.
I don’t really notice it outside of macro photos. They should had maybe used a black date wheel to camouflage it. It’s funny, I was watching Bruce Williams with Marc Goldberg and Random Rob. Marc was laughing about how we pick apart the most minute details about our watches. He was so right. Accuracy is my biggest deal. When I have an automatic watch that’s accurate to within + half a second, that to me is watch euphoria. If it’s minus more than a second, it bugs me.

The seamaster mix is where WIS magic happens, congratulations.
It’s always great to have one in the collection. The white dial and scalloped bezel just adds a different touch.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Guys, thanks for this conversation. I just ordered a Sinn U50, and that led me to see a spot for a white dialed sub in my collection. This will be my next purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Another fantastic piece, congrats @DougFNJ!

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Had coffee a few weeks ago with a fellow WIS and he had your version. I was mesmerised by the sheer beauty of the watch and the way the dial looked.

I was so enthralled by his watch, I called the boutique and went in to get this. I prefer the blue personally but your white dial is a thing of beauty.

·
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Guys, thanks for this conversation. I just ordered a Sinn U50, and that led me to see a spot for a white dialed sub in my collection. This will be my next purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That’s what prompted this purchase. Diversification of the collection. Here’s the current state now:

Another fantastic piece, congrats @DougFNJ!
Thank you. Will have the review up next week.

Had coffee a few weeks ago with a fellow WIS and he had your version. I was mesmerised by the sheer beauty of the watch and the way the dial looked.

I was so enthralled by his watch, I called the boutique and went in to get this. I prefer the blue personally but your white dial is a thing of beauty.

Typically I agree, Omega does Blue like Doxa does orange. It’s perfect! But this white just pops!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts