WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I need some help and I'm confused atm:
Can any of you please post some pics of the green G9200ER and/or GW-9200ER?

Initially, I thought that the solar atomics had a flying squirrel on the back and the solars a dragon, but yesterday saw a thread were a solar atomic had a dragon...
Need to make sure which one to buy.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
JDM model (module 3145) has the flying squirrel logo. International versions have dragon logo.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
GW-9200 international atomic
G-9200 international non-atomic
GW-9200J JDM atomic
AFAIK the only difference between 3147 (international) and 3145 (JDM) modules is that JDM one doesn't support the imperial measurement units.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I believe there are no international versions of the GW-9200ERJ, so all should have flying squirrel back.

The solar atomic Riseman with dragon back should be the vanilla version GW-9200-1, the only atomic solar that was released internationally.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I ordered this yesterday of amazon.jp

I'm a little skeptical as it's an international model that was reimported to Japan. I will post pics when it comes. Hope I wasn't swindled :-(

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I ordered this yesterday of amazon.jp

I'm a little skeptical as it's an international model that was reimported to Japan. I will post pics when it comes. Hope I wasn't swindled :-(
Whether you were swindled depends on what you think you are buying. The watch pictured is the G-9200ER so is Tough Solar but not atomic. If that's what you expected then all is good. Seems quite a few Japanese stores are re importing non Japanese versions and appear to be able to sell them cheaper than the JDM versions.

Either way, atomic or not, the Riseman is a great watch. I'm sure you'll love it.

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
Are the international ones also atomic?
I'm looking for the Dragon atomic if possible...

You can simply look for one with module 3147, it has 6-band atomic and it lets you switch beween metric - imperial units, I think the others only have imperial unit.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Hey guys,

I need some help and I'm confused atm:
Can any of you please post some pics of the green G9200ER and/or GW-9200ER?

Initially, I thought that the solar atomics had a flying squirrel on the back and the solars a dragon, but yesterday saw a thread were a solar atomic had a dragon...
Need to make sure which one to buy.

Thanks in advance!!!
I've no green Riseman but here are both my non-atomic G-9200 (rising dragon) and JDM atomic GW-9200J (flying squirrel) case backs.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something here, but what determines the plate back is not the market, but the module (ie, if it's atomic or not).

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something here, but what determines the plate back is not the market, but the module (ie, if it's atomic or not).

Could you be more precise ?

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
I think what Luciano means is that the JDM model has a different caseback-design because of the different module used and not because it was a JDM model. He might be right, but we will never know. As far as I see you cannot really have one without the other. But if the JDM-model with the 3145 module would have been sold outside Japan - he might be right that they probably would have kept the squirrel caseback logo.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
If your watch does not have the atomic module, it will have the dragon back plate; if it does have the atomic module, then it gets the flying squirrel. It doesn't matter where it was produced/assembled or to what market the watch was intended to. The same goes for the Mudman:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
If your watch does not have the atomic module, it will have the dragon back plate; if it does have the atomic module, then it gets the flying squirrel. It doesn't matter where it was produced/assembled or to what market the watch was intended to. The same goes for the Mudman:
I don't think that's the case. My GW-9200-1ER is the atomic version bought in Europe and has the dragon on the back.

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
I don't think that's the case. My GW-9200-1ER is the atomic version bought in Europe and has the dragon on the back.

Same here, my Riseman with 3147 module (solar + atomic) has the dragon caseback.

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
Module 3145 (solar/atomic/JDM): squirell
Module 3147 (solar/atomic/export): dragon
Module 3148 (solar/export): dragon

Cheers, Sedi :)

Quite a good summary |>

So flying squirell for Japan and rising dragon for the world.

Reactions: Deepsea_dweller
1 - 20 of 22 Posts