WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,784 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Originally listed in July 2014 for $25,500 (!!!) in a frame with screenshots from the movie. And "Screen Used". Yeah right... Still for sale a year and a half later for $899, but now in a Casio box and "Not Screen Used".

Back to the Future VINTAGE 80’S McFly CASIO CA-50 DIGITAL WATCH Movie Prop BTTF

3.5% of the original cost, but 100% as bogus. (Sorry, I didn't have a calculator watch handy to perform those calculations...)

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Originally listed in July 2014 for $25,500 (!!!) in a frame with screenshots from the movie. And "Screen Used". Yeah right... Still for sale a year and a half later for $899, but now in a Casio box and "Not Screen Used".

Back to the Future VINTAGE 80’S McFly CASIO CA-50 DIGITAL WATCH Movie Prop BTTF

3.5% of the original cost, but 100% as bogus. (Sorry, I didn't have a calculator watch handy to perform those calculations...)
The first thread I linked above pretty much proved that the seller is a scammer. :-d Then again, maybe he had TWO inexpensive calculator watches and still has no clue how much either is worth?

(People overcharge for old Casio watches all the time -- my personal favorite is the $1300 GW-5600J that had been on Amazon.)

Anyhow, my point wasn't "hey, look, you can ALLEGEDLY buy that VERY SAME WATCH" but "yeah, the movie watch was a Casio calculator watch, and here's three threads on the topic, including 'exactly WHICH version?' since Casio made several.'"

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Similar thing was happening with the Panasonic digital "flip" alarm clock radio that was used in "Groundhog Day". Actually, Panasonic made two models that looked very similar... one was used on the movie. But you'd see the "sister" model be peddled off as if it was the one used on the movie. Some shameful scammer tried to sell one as if it was used on the set, with a forged Bill Murray signature on the bottom. It was sold, then apparently returned as it came back on market again, seller suffering a negative. ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts