WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this thread there are numerous mentions of a 'backlight image'.

https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/riseman-gulfman-choice-884976.html

I previously owned a Mudman, and this did not have any sort of noticeable image.

What image does this describe? I have searched the web and can't find any specific references to it. Even google images does a poor job of helping (and if that fails you're essentially screwed).

Although I'm fairly sure I want a Riseman, if there is a bloody great picture whenever I use the light I'm not so sure at all...

Any ideas? Cheers, Shay.

·
Registered
20,327 Posts
The backlight on the Riseman is limited to 1 second, an image on the background would make thing more difficult to see.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I wanted the GW-9200-1ER. The black one. So this model does have an image? Why doesn't it mention it on casio's website I wonder?
Ah, no, confusingly there is a difference between the Men in Military Colors Riseman (G-9200ER-3) and the regular G(W)-9200-1ER. In the latter case the ER denotes it is a European market version. It doesn't have any backlight image and is a great watch, Jump on it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah, no, confusingly there is a difference between the Men in Military Colors Riseman (G-9200ER-3) and the regular G(W)-9200-1ER. In the latter case the ER denotes it is a European market version. It doesn't have any backlight image and is a great watch, Jump on it!
Ah great! Consider it jumped on. Thanks for the explanation!

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Also the Men In Rescue Orange (GW9200R-4) and the G Rescue (G9200R-4) risemen have an axe in the EL image.

Sent with aloha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts