WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sun poked it's head out for a few minutes this afternoon. Just longe enough to work on some more photography. All shot at ISO 800:

Thanks for looking ;-)
-wjb

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Looks like you're getting better with the new lens! The noise is pretty much as you'd expect at ISO800. #2 looks like a pretty 'deep' crop, which increases visible noise.
The focus looks pretty good, I bet you were almost wide open aperture for these shots. Even so, I'd run them through some sharpening. Just a touch would really enhance them. Maybe increase the saturation a smidge.

You have good timing on these shots!

*edit* I just noticed you've dialed in some negative exposure compensation on a lot of these shots. If you shoot in RAW (NEF, I think in Nikonese), you'd be better off exposing to the right on your histogram and adjusting the levels in post processing.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
The sun poked it's head out for a few minutes this afternoon. Just longe enough to work on some more photography. All shot at ISO 800:

Thanks for looking ;-)
-wjb
I think you've been rumbled in this shot.:-d Again, excellent shots.:-! Were these still all taken hand-held?

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Looks like you're getting better with the new lens! The noise is pretty much as you'd expect at ISO800. #2 looks like a pretty 'deep' crop, which increases visible noise.
The focus looks pretty good, I bet you were almost wide open aperture for these shots. Even so, I'd run them through some sharpening. Just a touch would really enhance them. Maybe increase the saturation a smidge.

You have good timing on these shots!

*edit* I just noticed you've dialed in some negative exposure compensation on a lot of these shots. If you shoot in RAW (NEF, I think in Nikonese), you'd be better off exposing to the right on your histogram and adjusting the levels in post processing.
Amazing how you can tell so much from looking at the pictures. They all still look like perfect shots to me! :-d

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Amazing how you can tell so much from looking at the pictures. They all still look like perfect shots to me! :-d
That's because I'm a geenioos!!! :p
Right-click on the image, "Save Image As" to your desktop, then right-click for Properties. Go to the Summary/ advanced tab, and it'll tell you all about the image. That is only if the Exif info wasn't stripped from the original file.

If you wanna go deeper, you can download a histogram viewer add-on for Firefox. Not that I'm such a pixel-peeking geek, of course.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts