WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with my AD about an Aquaracer automatic watch in blue w/ blue bezel. I placed the order Aug 25th and was informed that the watch was on backorder with Tag with an expected order fill date of sometime in Q4, possibly up to 6 weeks from that point. This was after i had already ordered the watch and then had been given the wrong watch (blue clou de paris) which i immediately returned upon discovering the mistake.

Well at this point its now 2 months later (8 weeks) so i give my AD a call to check the status. He called me back after talking to TH and said they have no idea when that order will be filled, just that as soon as TH has stock I have a priority delivery, but that it might not be until even next year! He also told me he knows of Ref #'s which definately wont be there until next year, like the carrera and that some brands are even worse.

I'm guessing this is a symptom of the shakeup with regard to the Swatch group, but i'm really hoping that this situation gets resolved quickly so that people like me can get their new watches! :-|

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I think it's a shakeup as well... ETAs are next to impossible to come by these days and TAG as many other high end brands are reluctant to go SW200 route...

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
the only thing i can say to you is, that...

you'll love this watch!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Wilfreb,
I have the Aquaracer in Quartz, but the exact same color as yours. Also the Carerra automatic in all silver. Do you think that TAG is already starting to get away from the 7750's?? I heard or read somewhere about a RS5 or RS6 movement??
Many Thanks

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Wilfreb,
I have the Aquaracer in Quartz, but the exact same color as yours. Also the Carerra automatic in all silver. Do you think that TAG is already starting to get away from the 7750's?? I heard or read somewhere about a RS5 or RS6 movement??
Many Thanks
I believe those are the designations for the "Grand" Carrera movements.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually good news now. my AD called and told me that it had arrived, which basically means they must have shipped out my watch they same day they told him they didn't know when it would be available. I'm not sure that this doesnt mean that its still in very short supply however

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just picked up the watch last weekend and I love it, looks great. The price went up from the time i ordered it. When i ordered it the list was $1595 and when i received it the box said $1695. Guess i bought at a good time!

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
I just picked up the watch last weekend and I love it, looks great. The price went up from the time i ordered it. When i ordered it the list was $1595 and when i received it the box said $1695. Guess i bought at a good time!
Congrats on the new AR!

I believe TH had two price increases this year, 4/1/07 and 10/1/07. I also got in under the gun for a new Link chrono. Earlier this year I bought a Twotone AR Cal 16. The price for that watch is now $400 more. Timing is evrything!!

And Wilfred - stop showing THAT watch!! Very tempting, very tempting!!|>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts