WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Apologies if this is not the right forum to place this, but I want to warn against city watches.co.uk which appears to be a fraud. It's a Singapore thing with unclear connection to U.K. Activities.
Horrid shopping experience, had to escalate to PayPal in order to get my money back. In short:
1. They sent me an email after I bought the watch saying in it was dispatched on Thursday. It was a lie. It was the following Monday as certified by tracking
2 because of that I missed the delivery and that cost me further 3 days of waiting
3. They mis-described the watch as 40 mm. it was in fact 45 and thus, not fit for purpose.
4. I returned the watch for a refund, following their return instructions, and despite all this huge inconvenience due to shop's utter ignorance and incompetence, they refused to pay return postage.
5. Watch was delivered to them with proof of signed receipt online and even then they simply wouldn't refund my money. My many emails to them could not extract any explanation.
6. Finally, I had to complain to PayPal who discovered the shop's customer return address is NOT the one PayPal have on file, but returned my money one week after the watch was received by this con-artist shop.
Please spread the word online if you can and help others stay way from this shop. Bitterly horrid in every way.
Posted also on uk trust pilot.
Thanks for reading folks.

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
Moved to the right sub forum. Why can't members just check what the appropriate forum might be ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts