WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some thinking I really want to purchase the EM II Diver Limited Edition over the Omega PO. People from the board have PM'ed me with authorized dealers who give great prices off the msrp for Omegas.

I live in Houston, TX and would also like to know if anyone here could PM me a great AD I can purchase a Ball watch from. I saw a previous thread which stated that most AD's will not go over 10% off? If this is the case I may have to go with an Omega since dealers can come off the price a bit more.

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
11 Posts
After some thinking I really want to purchase the EM II Diver Limited Edition over the Omega PO. People from the board have PM'ed me with authorized dealers who give great prices off the msrp for Omegas.

I live in Houston, TX and would also like to know if anyone here could PM me a great AD I can purchase a Ball watch from. I saw a previous thread which stated that most AD's will not go over 10% off? If this is the case I may have to go with an Omega since dealers can come off the price a bit more.

Thank you in advance
I just bought a EMII diver at razny jewelers in highland park Illinois. they gave me 15% with out blinking they said we can go 20% after i gave them a hard time because they gave me 25% on my breitling bentley. after seeing the small difference of 5% I let them sell me it at 15%. there good people!
http://www.razny.com/about.htm
I think if you get them at the right time you may get 25% off.
I believe there are some used ball's at smart jewelers in chicago for a VERY resonable price as well, they are my FAVORITE watch store in the nation BTW
http://www.smartjewelers.com/

good luck!

·
Registered
460 Posts
good luck![/quote]

25% off on an Omega is still more than 10% off on a Ball. And Ball is more rugged!

try Tony Box in Houston!

Jeff Hess
CEO
Ball Watch USA

·
Registered
444 Posts
You can bet the jeweler in question will be getting a call from Ball. If you do get a discount, don't brag about it in the forum. You can PM people about it. The Omega PO is a beautiful watch to be sure and so is the Ball. Omega watch value has been so diluted due to gray market that 30% discount is not uncommon from an AD. (including taxes)

·
Registered
11 Posts
who the hell is bragging?
discounting of luxury watches is standard operating procedure. anyone who pays retail nowadays is either uneducated about the product their buying or simply has so much money they don't care what it costs.
secondly no watch company can dicate what a dealer does with the sale. Rolex dealers will have you believe that no one gets discounts on ss/gold gmt's...............but low and behold when i bought mine i got 15% and that was a year ago with the new ceramic bezel gmt! told that to my local dealer here in san antonio and he thought i was lying to him, bet him lunch and pulled out the reciept- he bought.
what is a forum for if you can't share information when someone ask's for it?
thirdly, Im sure the dealers in question will be very pleased if they make a sale, discounted or not!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Groundhog makes a valid point here. One of the rules of this official company sponsored forum, is that we don't have any discussions of gray market sellers, non-authorized dealers, or of AD discounts. If someone here posts an inquiry, asking for a recommendation for a good AD, then of course, please feel free to share the name of that dealer. But, any discussions of discounts must be done through email and private messaging, okay? ;-)

Jeff Hess, President of Ball Watch USA, even posted about this awhile back--

jhess said:
Thanks for the kind words. Please be mindful of the rules though. :)

This is not a sales board. And no discussions of gray market or discounting.

thanks! :)
This also seems to be a good place to remind everyone of Forum Rule#1:

1 Members will be kind and courteous, and respectful to other members and the moderators....

Let's please keep this a friendly place, okay, guys? Thanks! ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts