·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There are still quite a few points on the table so even if your just starting get your submission in.

·
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yeah, i'm trying! Can't find two of them
Take your time there are still points up for the taking. Let's get some more people in the contest including our past champions.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Unfortunately a short notice business trip has got in my way so I won't be able to give it a shot this time :-( - good luck to all who enter!

Balldy

·
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Balldy you can still submit. There is still over 24hours left in segment one.

·
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
We're really happy to see all three past champions have submitted entries. Let's keep it up and there is still plenty of time.

·
Registered
10,707 Posts
I am afraid those tasks which require a combination of extensive detailed memory and high analytical skills are well beyond my abilities--my answer would be--"they are all from Ball watches!!" Best of luck to all you left brainers!!

·
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just a little more that a half hour left in segment one and a reminder that segment II starts immediately after segment I closes at 6pm PST. Next up Lume.

·
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Segment submission period is now closed. Look for the Segment 2 thread that is now posted. Results of segment 1 with answers will be posted tomorrow evening.

·
Vendor
16,334 Posts
This is the Strongest field ever to grace us in a Ball-A-Thon! All 3 past champions competing! promising newcomers...... Good luck players

·
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Ball-Athon IV Segment 1 Elements (Fragments) Answers

First here are the answers to Segment 1 with a few comments:
My Answer Key:

1. Trainmaster Roman
  2. EHC Airborne
  3. EHC Black Rock
  4. Trainmaster Cleveland Express
  5. EMII DLC
  6. Trainmaster First Flight
  7. EII Ohio Moonphase
  8. Trainmaster Cannonball (I)
  9. EHC DeepQUEST
  10. EMII Diver (II)
  11. Trainmaster Legend
  12. EMII Aviator GMT
  13. EHC XV
  14. EHC Spacemaster Pointdexter
  15. Fireman Racer
  16. Fireman Racer Classic
  17. EHC Magnate Chronograph
  18. EMII Diver Chronometer

Most common missed numbers were 2, 7, 10 and 13. On two if you look ate the edge of the bezel and the ceramic insert markings only the Airborne has this pattern where one of the screws are. For seven the angle kind of made it harder, but if you look you can see half a start against the background being cut off by the curved edge. For ten the TM Streamliner has a tube right at the end of the applied marker, this is the Legend which does not and is longer in length. For thirteen the spacing of the circular dial texture is different between the XV and the Airborne...this is the UV.

Here are the source pages:

·
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Ball-Athon IV Segment 1 Elements (Fragments) Results

First I want to encourage everyone to continue to submit for all the segments. We have a great turn out this year and that makes it more of a challenge since a segment win or placing and a few more points here and there could make a win. I'm will also echo Rob's sentiment that is great we have all three past Ball-Athon champs participating this year. So on to the points.

This year we are giving a single point to the first three contestants to submit an entry with at least 50% of the correct answers. For this segment those would be in order of submission: TAYHAS, HilltopMichael and dinexus.

From there for the placing djy74 was the fourth submission in, but the only one with 100% correct so he scored first place and 5 points. Then in order of submission HilltopMichael, dinexus, Dsaat, Citizen V, fuzzyb and Leicashot all had 17 out of 18 correct. Had anyone after Dan submitted a 100% entry they would have gotten second place and so on. Since there were not HilltopMichael got second for 4 points, dinexus got third for 3 points, dssat got fourth for 2 points and Citizen V was fifth and got the remaining point position.

So after the first segment here are the standings:

5 points - HilltopMichael and djy74
4 points - dinexus
2 points - Dsaat
1 point - TAYHAS and Citizen V

We hope everyone enjoyed this segment and please let's keep everyone in it to the end. With the bonus points it's anyones game.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts

Out of all the segments over the years of Ball-A-Thon, the fragments were always my favorite. I missed a couple last year and had to get back on track. Michael's right, this is anyone's game. Let's all keep it going and have some fun!

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
3,071 Posts

Sweet! Very anxious to hear how I fared in the latest segment...

·
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Oh, haha. I'm a little embarrassed that I missed this one, considering it's one of the two Balls I own (although it's the first version).
I though Dans review of this watch would make it too easy for everyone to not get this one, but it was probably to one missed the most.

·
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Out of all the segments over the years of Ball-A-Thon, the fragments were always my favorite. I missed a couple last year and had to get back on track. Michael's right, this is anyone's game. Let's all keep it going and have some fun!

Thanks,
Dan
Key here is to have fun and gain appreciation of the little things in the watches. This is why elements(fragments) and lume are my favorite segments. They show you see little details that you may not have looked at on a piece until now. Also they show how some things are the same and others are not so you need to focus on the details.

I'll add that we have two totally new segments coming and these no one has seen. So it's not over until it's over.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts