WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an email from Gnomon watches showing the Ball Fireman Glory in black for sale.

Ball glory.jpg

Had I not purchased one in white I think I would have sprung for this model. Both are simple, classic and styley looking watches.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I need this in blue
The Victory comes with the blue face. Similar style and size but with different markers.

Both are classy looking watches.

I was fortunate to pick up silver dial Victory from Ball for just under $700 when they were having their 'MyOffer' auctions in late 2017.

·
Registered
672 Posts
The date window is not my cup of tea, otherwise very nice watch.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Victory comes with the blue face. Similar style and size but with different markers.

I was fortunate to pick up silver dial Victory from Ball for just under $700 when they were having their 'MyOffer' auctions in late 2017.
I got mine late last year from Jomashop for $595, They had a sale for 695 and I had a $100 coupon so made a good price.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I got mine late last year from Jomashop for $595, They had a sale for 695 and I had a $100 coupon so made a good price.

I did the same last year. I ended up flipping it because the tubes on the hands were not green as advertised in their photo. They were orange and for some reason all those super bright, green hour markers made the orange hands disappear in my eyes.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did the same last year. I ended up flipping it because the tubes on the hands were not green as advertised in their photo. They were orange and for some reason all those super bright, green hour markers made the orange hands disappear in my eyes.
Mine are all green except the 12 o'clock marker which is orange.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Mine are all green except the 12 o'clock marker which is orange.
Yes, that's what I thought I was going to get. It looks so much better and is easier to read with only the 12 o'clock marker in orange. I'm not sure if there are two versions or what but the orange hour and minutes hand one I had, had to go.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts

Any ideas where I can source a blue victory for that $700 price? Online I am seeing $1495 which aint happening.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got it today, so this is just a first impression, it is, in my eyes, a mildly flawed stunner. The hands are beautiful, and I love the red second hand. I haven't had a chance to check out the lume, but I doubt I have any issues. I agree with someone earlier, that the date window really doesn't do anything for me. I think I'd prefer the one on the Enterprise with the cyclops. And I may be the only person in the world who wishes is was 1-2mm smaller, but that's just personal opinion. I'm still getting used to it, but initial impressions are really good, and I don't see this one going anywhere for a while.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Really like the products made by Ball. I had the trainmaster. Very elegant watch but I wanted the Glory for the large tritium. Went to buy one from JomaShop after selling my Trainmaster but they were sold out...:(

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I decided I needed a black watch so started shopping. I'm not crazy about the date window on my white Glory so decided to go with the Enterprise with 3 o'clock date and cyclops. Same hands and lume tubes for hour markers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts