WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed there are Ball events in Florida. Does anyone know what is involved to attend? These are the closest for us and I would like to get a history lesson...even though I fear leaving with another Ball Watch;-)

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I noticed there are Ball events in Florida. Does anyone know what is involved to attend? These are the closest for us and I would like to get a history lesson...even though I fear leaving with another Ball Watch;-)
It's super easy, Scott. You just show up. ;-)

I hope that you'll make it. CalDiver and I made it to the one closest to us, and we both had a very good time(and so did his friend and my wife!).

And don't fear going home with another Ball watch. Embrace your fear. Know it. Love it. Let's turn that frown upside down...and turn the fear into gleeful anticipation! :-!

:-d

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Geoff said it all---just show up at the tour location, introduce yourself to the Ball rep, tell them you are a regular member of the WUS Forum, show them the Ball you are wearing, and they'll be happy to talk about Balls and the company history. If you don't want to buy, but just look, do what I did and leave the VISA at home!! Go and enjoy a nice afternoon of watch talk.....you might even get a Ball t-shirt if they like you. ;-)

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's great...You just walk in. wonderful; I can't wait to see it all. What a fun way to spend the day.

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
And have some time to spend. You will find that the history of Ball and watches can lead in different tangents, and I have seen some people at the museum for a few hours, always involved in the conversation with the rep, finding out a multitude of information.

And yes, if you don't want to walk out without a new Ball, leave your CC home, but really, who doesn't need another Ball Watch?

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And have some time to spend. You will find that the history of Ball and watches can lead in different tangents, and I have seen some people at the museum for a few hours, always involved in the conversation with the rep, finding out a multitude of information.

And yes, if you don't want to walk out without a new Ball, leave your CC home, but really, who doesn't need another Ball Watch?

I ain't ascared...I'll come open minded as always.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called the dealer and he was extremely knowledeable and is mailing me a formal invitation to the event that I will keep with in my Ball folder.

I might have to get a part time job...there are 5 weeks before the event.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks! I'll have to see about making the stop in St. Pete in November. Are there pretty much set times for these things? I ask because I work standard 8-5 hours so making something during the week, during the day can be difficult.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Thanks! I'll have to see about making the stop in St. Pete in November. Are there pretty much set times for these things? I ask because I work standard 8-5 hours so making something during the week, during the day can be difficult.
Hi jw,

If the tour is run in the same fashion that it was when it came to San Francisco on the 13th, it will pretty much be run throughout much of the day, without a formal presentation schedule. I think that Ball Watch USA understands that the weekday tours will likely draw fans on their lunch breaks, so you should feel welcome to drop by when your lunch break enables you to.

The St. Pete tour in November is going to be held at Old Northeast Jewelers, which is Jeff Hess' store. You may have the added pleasure of meeting Mr. Hess, himself! ;-)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Heh, St. Pete, while close, isn't close enough for me to hit on my lunch break as I live and work in North Tampa...it would have to be an evening stop.

·
Registered
76 Posts
one suggestion - bring a friend !!!!
this event is definately one of those "the more, the merrier" sorts of things - but even solo - you'll have fun !!
look forward to meeting you.
marc ofte

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanx Marc. Yhe Mrs. is going to come to try on some watches as I am trying to convince her that 32mm is fine, especially since she turned me on to the brand.

I hope there are still t-shirts for sale when the tour makes it down this way. Sort of like a concert t-shirt that you have to have.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts