WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've bought several watches from Rob at Topper, including a Ball watch some years ago. Looking at Topper's website, they don't list Ball anymore. I went to the Ball Corporate Website and they list NO US dealers-- only the distributor and several repair shops.

I'm considering another Ball purchase. Other than buying from their online store, are there any authorized dealers in the USA? Are they giving up on us?

·
Registered
10,723 Posts
While it does seem that at present, Topper is no longer handling Ball, whether because of the present pandemic, or simply a new business direction, I found two Ball retailers in California, three in New York, and many many more--all listed on the main Switzerland-based Ball Watch (not corporate) website...

(if, however, Topper has really bailed on Ball, I wonder how much longer this forum will stay afloat--not a whole lot of activity here anymore, and what little there is has often been issues concerning ONLINE pre-orders, and the like...)

·
Premium Member
36,232 Posts
(if, however, Topper has really bailed on Ball, I wonder how much longer this forum will stay afloat--not a whole lot of activity here anymore, and what little there is has often been issues concerning ONLINE pre-orders, and the like...)
This worries me as well. Ball is such a great brand and I really enjoy the discussions here, I hope it will stay afloat.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've bought several watches from Rob at Topper, including a Ball watch some years ago. Looking at Topper's website, they don't list Ball anymore. I went to the Ball Corporate Website and they list NO US dealers-- only the distributor and several repair shops.

I'm considering another Ball purchase. Other than buying from their online store, are there any authorized dealers in the USA? Are they giving up on us?
There are still quite a few US ADs for Ball. Most of them are listed on the Ball website. Make sure you are looking at the Retailer Network pulldown menu and not the Service Center menu. In California it lists:

California
Feldmar Watch Company
9000 West Pico Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90035
310-274-8016
www.feldmarwatch.com
California
Orloff Jewelers
Fig Garden Shopping Center
770 W. Shaw Avenue #101
Fresno, CA 93704
559-221-6622
www.orloffjewelers.com

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
One Ball (and etc.) AD near me. They have only a few models in stock. As in 5.

Just went to the Ball site for on-line shopping for a purchase.

·
Registered
60 Posts
River Edge Jeweler in NJ is an authorized Ball dealer. They have a preorder section on their website that includes some of the Ball watch preorders, in addition to all of the regular offerings.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Topper Jewelery is back as an authorized dealer!

I received this email:
Before Instagram virtually re-wrote the global watch community playbook, Topper’s most active online presence was on the official Ball Watch Forum that we sponsored on WatchuSeek. That forum became a springboard of sorts for our growing international Topper community, so it seems only fitting that we return our long-overdue attention to Ball Watch – a brand that will always own a special place in the Topper narrative. For 2020, we're welcoming Ball back to Topper with a very special curation of our favorite new references that we're offering at exclusive pricing for a very limited time. SHOP NOW

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
This is correct and Ball is now back at Toppers. Their website now has some models there based on stock. if you looking for something talk with Rob or Russ.

Reactions: lvt

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Looks like Topper has the 904L steel model with an incorrect picture as I believe the 904L version does not have a tritium tubed second hand. I'm not 100% sure I'm correct, just something I read about elsewhere and see pictured on another sale site.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Looks like Topper has the 904L steel model with an incorrect picture as I believe the 904L version does not have a tritium tubed second hand. I'm not 100% sure I'm correct, just something I read about elsewhere and see pictured on another sale site.
You are correct. 904L does not have the tritium tube on the second hand.

·
Registered
140 Posts
River Edge Jeweler in NJ is an authorized Ball dealer. They have a preorder section on their website that includes some of the Ball watch preorders, in addition to all of the regular offerings.
I recently bought a Ball Fireman Enterprise from River Edge. It was a great experience. I ordered it at like 10pm, and they shipped it out first thing the next morning. It arrived in great condition with stamped and dated warranty card. They also responded quickly to my questions over email.

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
To add a little bit to the conversation, Ball went through a stretch - and might still be doing so to some degree - where they appeared to be trying to move to a direct-to-consumer model. If you've owned a Ball in the past or signed up for any of their newsletters or such, you've probably received quite a bit of direct marketing from them in your inbox, and special pricing offers to buy direct. Essentially, they were undercutting their ADs and the impression I got was that the ADs were understandably not happy about it, with a number dropping Ball as a brand.

I can only speculate that Ball didn't get the traction with their new marketing model that they were hoping for and appear to have tried to make things up with their former ADs. But it might be too little, too late. For example, Little Treasury Jewelers - mentioned above - used to have a fairly sizable amount of premium showcase dedicated to Ball, but this disappeared altogether for a time and has only recently reappeared with a much smaller presence, the former case space now being occupied by Grand Seiko.

Regards,
Alysandir

·
Registered
140 Posts
That makes sense. Ball is probably in a tough spot. They don't have the brand recognition and scale to compete with bigger players like Omega, and then they have direct-to-consumer microbrands undercutting them on price. Still, with their heritage and history, I think they may be better positioned to weather the current storm than a lot of those microbrands.

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
For example, Little Treasury Jewelers - mentioned above - used to have a fairly sizable amount of premium showcase dedicated to Ball, but this disappeared altogether for a time and has only recently reappeared with a much smaller presence, the former case space now being occupied by Grand Seiko.
That's too bad. I have been planning to visit Steve at Little Treasury to try on some GS and Seiko. Was hoping to try on some Ball as well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts