WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have one of these? I really like the look of this and was wondering if anyone had any shots of it on the wrist.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hi Omegamanic,
There are currently two Pulsemeter watches, with a third coming this autumn.

The original Pulsemeter was launched in 2004, while the Pulsemeter Pro was launched last year.

This year, Ball Watch Company has created the Doctor's Chronograph.

I will try to see if I can find some additional photos or press coverage of these watches for your reference.

Regards,
Jeremy Hogan
Ball Watch Company, Inc.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Re: BALL Trainmaster Doctor's Chronograph

Very classy

·
Registered
384 Posts
Re: BALL Trainmaster Doctor's Chronograph

My pulse must have quickened by at least 15bpm when I saw this watch. However, I would never get one because of a latent self esteem issue with never accomplishing my parents' dream of me becoming a doctor!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I like how the watch looks, but totally clueless as to what it's function is and how it works.

What is the red scale that goes from 1 to 7?

·
Registered
55 Posts
The scale is for making it easier to take a person's pulse. You see the "graduated for 15 pulsations" text on the dial. You simply feel a person's pulse and start the chronograph while counting 15 pulsations, when you have done that you stop the timing and - voila! The watch has "calculated" the pulse for you :) So if you measured for example 15 pulses in 15 seconds, you can read out the pulse as 60 (pretty straightforward).

It works the same way as the normal tachymeters that is usually seen on chronographs but that scale is set for speed.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Yeah, I saw that stock photo of the dr's chrono a few months ago in one of the mags, and was just amazed. It is absolutely beautiful. I assumed they would be sold out immediately. How could any doctor pass on buying one of these?! (Not that you have to be a doctor to get one :-d). I've not yet seen a pic of one on a wrist, so I hope you decide to pick one up and post! :-!

Regards,

-Jeff

·
Registered
71 Posts
My AD had mentioned something about doctors possibly being able to buy these and just classifying it as business use and just write it off when it comes to tax time :-d

1 - 13 of 13 Posts