WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
KiwiWomble, thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. I should have been on Ball Watch's notification list, but I wasn't. Sometimes I take breaks from this forum and could have missed this one.

When I saw it, it hit me like a ton of bricks, and I thought "this is perfect." I just got that feeling.

I've always loved the GMT pepsi look, but don't have the funds for a Rolex. I would love one though. Don't get me wrong.

rolex-gmt-master-ii-116719blro-116719-18k-white-gold-pepsi-red-blue-ceramic-40mm-1-front.jpg

I've always felt like Ball Watches are the best watches you can buy for the money. JMHO.
They are over-engineered, beautiful, workhorse watches. The bracelets, however, aren't always the most comfortable, in my experience. Beautifully made bracelets, but the watches I've owned could have used a taper to make them work for me.

This one ticks all my boxes and should hopefully be a long term keeper. Now I have to wait the rest of the year! And possibly then some! That's going to be painful. In the meantime, I am probably going to be selling off a few pieces to fund this dream watch.

I went with:
Black Dial
No extra strap
No engraving

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
#1? nice! would love #2 but as i say this could take some discussion with the boss and imagine if i do i might have to settle for #22....or #222....

·
Registered
199 Posts
What are the odds this sees the light of day in 2019? Guessing end of year at best and early 2020? My August preorder last year arrived in February

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I figured if they're making 1000 of these then #1 may get shipped out sooner than #1000? And I won't have to wait as long. Just wishful thinking?

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
cp, that intra-matic in blue and white is sweet. You're going to love that watch! Cheers to the new Hammy

IMG_2645 (1).jpg download.jpg

Sorry, I'm getting off topic now.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Huh... They must have hired some new people in design. This is truly something different. There's hope for this company!

Couple things that tell me some new eyes are working there -
- they made everything fit into a 40mm case (OMG!)
- they didn't do that horrible split day and date display crap. They probably had to design new wheels instead of forcing ones from other models into the space.
- the integration of the tubes into the large numerals is their best execution yet. Hopefully they look as seamless in reality as they do in the render.
- the handset is great
- while I can't tell if that clasp has micro adjustment holes (hope it does), at least it's a folder and not the damn butterfly
I'm kinda stunned....

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I'm still in disbelief and can't stop looking at it. With only 2000 being made, this could be the first Ball that doesn't depreciate.

Ball, for me, has always had at least one goofy thing or penny pinching compromise that ruins a potentially great watch. But this design and layout are so clear and clean.

A watch with these materials and technical specs from omega would be 8k. I'd like to know a lot more about the development of this. It looks like they're making a statement so someone should get on camera and talk about it.

·
Registered
18,582 Posts
Congrats fellas for pulling the trigger guys. It looks like a nice watch and I wish I am in a position to buy this but at USD$2,495 is just too much for me as the USD to AUD exchange rate is really bad. Add government taxes, import duties and the watch is well over AUD$4,000 for me.

Wanted to say that the quick set GMT time using the push buttons is a very good idea and I wished some of the other main stream brands do it too. I am a little disappointed that the Hydrocarbon AeroGMT I got last year doesn't have this feature. :-(

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congrats fellas for pulling the trigger guys. It looks like a nice watch and I wish I am in a position to buy this but at USD$2,495 is just too much for me as the USD to AUD exchange rate is really bad. Add government taxes, import duties and the watch is well over AUD$4,000 for me.

Wanted to say that the quick set GMT time using the push buttons is a very good idea and I wished some of the other main stream brands do it too. I am a little disappointed that the Hydrocarbon AeroGMT I got last year doesn't have this feature. :-(
It’s actually $2895! I asked :( I’m in the same boat

1 - 20 of 214 Posts