WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen much (any) talk about the latest model announced, the Roadmaster Vanguard. Looks to be built off of the Marine GMT platform, with the obvious changes being dual 12 hr and not a 24 hr hand. I am seriously hemming and hawing over putting my name in the pre-order hat. Anyone else?

I for one much prefer the black bezel and black dial. While I like the look of the Pepsi bezel, isn't it a little pointless or redundant, since the main complication isn't 24hrs and they include the little day/night indicator above the six o'clock? Even if you chose the Pepsi bezel, it's still marked as a dive bezel, so I guess the "Pepsi look" is really just that, just for looks?

Would love to hear other's opinions and thoughts.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I like the idea of a 12 hour GMT and think it makes much more sense for most people than a 24 hour. I won't be in on this one, but I think it's a great idea.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Looks nice.

I presume that since ithas a GMT hand, which I like, it does not have the manufacture 80 hour movement, which is too bad.

·
Registered
30,701 Posts
I too like the 12 hour GMT but I think it is a bit too thick, otherwise another nice Ball watch.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I messaged Ball yesterday about the lug to lug measurement to which they responded it was 41.50mm. Is it just me, or is that really short? Does anyone know of a watch with similar dimensions, 40mm case and 41.5mm lug to lug, so I could see what those dimensions look like?

*EDIT*

I messaged Ball just after posting this message to double check on the measurements. Florine responded that he made a mistake. Watch measurements are 40mm case diameter, 41.5 with bezel, and 47.8 lug to lug. Much better proportions!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts