WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Ball Trainmaster 5 link bracelet have 5 separate links or are the links fused, (as on the Conductor bracelet)?

I am trying to make the decision on whether to go with a leather strap or a bracelet.

Thanks,

Craig

·
Registered
520 Posts
Im not positive, and im sure someone with more info will post.. But as I look at mine, it doesnt look like it can be seperated into 5 different pieces. It wouls seem that one side can be unscrewed, but the other cant.. It would seem that if you take it apart, each piece will have 5 links on it it. Ive also heard people call it a 7 link, wich makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the 5 link pieces can be separated, but they do not move freely or independently?

Thanks,

Craig

·
Registered
520 Posts
IMG00366-20110610-1055.jpg

Here are my spare links. If I were to take them apart, I would have 2 seperate 5 link pieces, not 10 pieces. Does this make sense?

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
There are seven alternating finishes across the bracelet but in reality there is only four pieces that can move separately. The center three pieces are freely moveable. The outer two pieces are internally fused together with an internal pin on which the three center pieces swivel.

·
Registered
19,666 Posts
By construction it's a 7-link, but only the 3 piece in the center are moving.

You will regret if you don't take the bracelet, and make sure it comes with half-links.

·
Registered
19,666 Posts
Jarrods beats me by 1 minute |>

:-d

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
You will regret if you don't take the bracelet, and make sure it comes with half-links.
+1. I couldn't imagine buying a trainmaster series on anything but that wonderful bracelet, it's one of my favorites. Very comfortable and to my eye extremely attractive.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IRISH,

Yes, that makes sense. Thanks, that's the confirmation I was looking for. I wish it was the other way around, but I will still purchase a bracelet.

Craig

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all of the info, I greatly appreciate it. I'll definitely be getting a bracelet.

Craig

·
Registered
19,666 Posts
Thanks for all of the info, I greatly appreciate it. I'll definitely be getting a bracelet.

Craig

It's a good decision, the bracelet itself is a lovely piece of craftmanship, and as I mentioned above, you should have two half-links with the bracelet, they will allow you to adjust the bracelet with several possible combinations.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's a good decision, the bracelet itself is a lovely piece of craftmanship, and as I mentioned above, you should have two half-links with the bracelet, they will allow you to adjust the bracelet with several possible combinations.

Absolutely beautiful shot as well! The bracelet would look excellent on a Moonlight Special or a Cannonball.

Craig

·
Registered
19,666 Posts
@Jarrods: yes I got the silver dial, the blue dial seems to be rare.

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,588 Posts
I think whether you go with the strap or the bracelet depends on which Trainmaster you go with. Note, some Trainmasters have another bracelet (See the Racer and Pulsemeter Pro). If it is a Cleveland Express (Standard version only), Power Glow, Voyager GMT or TMT I would go with the bracelet. The Power Reserve, Cannon Ball, Moonlight Special, or the other Cleveland Express variations (Dual time or power reserve)...I would go the croc strap with deployant route. Keep in mind that you can buy either one at a latter date.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think weather you go with the strap or the bracelt depends on which Trainmaster you go with. Some train masters have another bracelet as a note (See the Racer and Pulsemeter Pro). If it is a Cleveland Express, Power Glow, Voyager GMT or TMT I would go with the bracelet. The Power Reserve, Cannon Ball, Moonlight Special ...I would do the croc with deployant.
Michael,

Classic and pretty sage advice, and I have the croc with deployment on my Moonlight Special, however, I will most likely go with the bracelet if/ when I get the Cannonball. Of all the watches I own, I enjoy wearing those with bracelets the most, (deployment clasps are very welcome when wearing straps). I think a bracelet gives more heft to a watch, and even though the Cannonball is a dress watch, the bracelet adds some substance, which is a good thing. If Shatner wears his Cannonball that way, it can't be bad ...

I do wish the Trainmaster bracelet had a push button release.

To each his own

Craig

·
Registered
296 Posts
Absolutely beautiful shot as well! The bracelet would look excellent on a Moonlight Special or a Cannonball.

Craig
You said it, Good shot and would look good.
Sadly I just tried the bracelet on the TM Moonlight and theyre incompatible. The Moonlight Special is a smidge larger then the Cleveland *sigh*

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,588 Posts
Michael,

Classic and pretty sage advice, and I have the croc with deployment on my Moonlight Special, however, I will most likely go with the bracelet if/ when I get the Cannonball. Of all the watches I own, I enjoy wearing those with bracelets the most, (deployment clasps are very welcome when wearing straps). I think a bracelet gives more heft to a watch, and even though the Cannonball is a dress watch, the bracelet adds some substance, which is a good thing. If Shatner wears his Cannonball that way, it can't be bad ...

I do wish the Trainmaster bracelet had a push button release.

To each his own

Craig
Actually Shatner wears the Cannonball with both the strap and bracelet. A few months back I commented on this from his new show because in the same scene his watch kept changing from a black Cannonball on bracelet to one on a brown strap about 4-5 times.

From my perspective modern dialed watches go on the bracelet. Classic dialed watches like the Cannonball or Moonlight should be on a strap. In IMO of course!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
--- Actually Shatner wears the Cannonball with both the strap and bracelet. A few months back I commented on this from his new show because in the same scene his watch kept changing from a black Cannonball on bracelet to one on a brown strap about 4-5 times.

He's a complex guy, you can't expect Captain Kirk to wear just one watch.

Craig

1 - 20 of 23 Posts