WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just stumbled across this watch over the weekend on some of the used/overstock vendors. It looks like a 43mm 60 Seconds with a Conrail logo on the dial. It's referred to as the "Train Cleveland." 21mm lug width.

Do any of you know anything about this model? I've been away from collecting more Ball watches for the past few years and thought I would refamiliarize myself with the lineup. This one seems interesting (unlike the Royal Blue joke of a watch Ball apparently followed through with).

Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
8,843 Posts
"Roberev"--A flash from the past!! The Trainmaster Cleveland ("Conrail) is an LE that came in a small number with both a black and white dial version to commemorate the rail line--they had an odd issue number, like "237"(?) to coincide with the length in miles, I believe, of the route, from one extreme to the other--in the northeast. Nice looking, but like the L&I, would be perfect without the rail-line logo--for me at least (also, at 43mm, a bit on the large size). They do the day/date window better on this one than on the regular "Cleveland".

·
Registered
616 Posts
. Nice looking, but like the L&I, would be perfect without the rail-line logo--for me at least (also, at 43mm, a bit on the large size
I've been looking for one of these for about 6months now and when i saw the sale i got all excited until I saw that logo.. spoiled the excitement totally

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So, I bought it…. I'm a sucker for the traditional train watch and the logo doesn't bother me for some reason. Perhaps it's the blue logo working with blued hands. 43 mm is my perfect white watch size. Sadly, however, this was misadvertised. It's only 41mm with 20mm lugs, like the regular Trainmaster 60 Seconds .

Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
8,843 Posts
For me, though the logo is intrusive, it is not a deal braker--I could live with it--I didn't get one because of the size--and now I see it would have been great (41mm for me is good, 43mm OK, but would prefer the 41mm)--I know of a few still available, so will have to give it serious thought...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts