WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really becoming intrigued with the Ball Watches. I am seeking opinions on which model is the model of choice. Also, for what is the second crown used?

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
They are all great quality. No better or worse IMO. Just depends what your looking for. They make some nice rugged divers but as I said, depends on what your looking for

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
It depends on the model, but often enough, the second crown is used to rotate the inner bezel.

Reactions: lvt

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
I've looked at them twice....Nice looking watches, build quality is very good.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Ball makes fantastic watches in their price point IMO. Tritium lume is far more useful in day to life than a lot of people here give it credit for and Ball's build quality and attention to detail and incredible. You will see minute detailing in places you would not expect, such is the care they take. They feel super solid in person and are sturdy and tough. IMO one of the best brands out there in that price point and if you like the styling, definitely no need to think about it.

·
Registered
20,133 Posts
I am really becoming intrigued with the Ball Watches. I am seeking opinions on which model is the model of choice. Also, for what is the second crown used?

Their watches are quite heavy, be careful if your wrist is small.

The second crown is used to turn the inner bezel, it could be timing bezel or worldtime function depending on the model.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Love my Trainmaster 60 Seconds. The tritium makes it super useful at night. Very nice attention to details. Much nicer than most of the similarly priced brands I tried on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
I own a Ball Engineer ii Ohio 40mm. Love the watch but it is a tank. So as a precious poster stated, make sure you are ready for the heft of a Yugo on your wrist. It does not bother me much but it is solid to say the least. I do feel Ball watches offer a great bang for your buck.

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
We've got a BALL WATCHES FORUM you might find interesting to flick through.

·
Premium Member
32,648 Posts
Basic movements, but good fit and finish and can't help but love the tritium dials and hands.

·
Registered
20,133 Posts
Basic movements, but good fit and finish and can't help but love the tritium dials and hands.

There are Ball watches with non-basic movements, but they don't necessarily perform better than ETA's.

·
Premium Member
10,885 Posts
Ball offers some great "beach to boardroom" watches, with balanced styling and proven, rugged dependability.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts