WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Baltimore Washington and NOVA watch guys and gals!

We'd like to invite you to a GTG on January 29th from 2-5 PM. We are going to meet upstairs at the Ellicott Mills Brewing Company in Ellicott City MD. They had the best combo of beer, food (smoked pork chops), and open bar.

The web site is a little funky....I think they used every flash trick in the book :-d Here's info on the place:

Ellicott Mills Brewing Company 8308 Main Street Ellicott City, MD 21043 410-313-8141

Please respond to this thread or PM me if you plan on attending or would like to help out in any way.

I'm working on getting some "special guests" which I hope to announce later.

I plan on bringing some extra straps I have if anyone wants to do the same maybe we can do an exchange.

I look forward to meeting you guys!

PS Everyone is welcome, so if you are in the area, want to drive up or down please join us! You can't stay at my house though, my wife would kill me:-d:-d

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Sounds cool!

The bummer for me though is that I'm going to be in Phoenix that day so I can't make it :-(

Good luck! I hope you get a good turnout so you do another one that I can make it to :-!

-Scott

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
it would be great to meet some of the local members, thank you for spearheading this effort dan!!

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Pleaseure! It sounds like we can count you in?

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry we will miss you Scott! Good luck/have fun in Phoenix!

Sounds cool!

The bummer for me though is that I'm going to be in Phoenix that day so I can't make it :-(

Good luck! I hope you get a good turnout so you do another one that I can make it to :-!

-Scott

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
I guess you ruled the Four Seasons Grille out. Count me in Dan.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
(yeah it looked nice but no beer....just unacceptable....)
I'm in total agreement!

However, I found it hard to believe that an establishment that has happy hour doesn't have beer so I just called and spoke with Lisa. I asked her what beer they have on tap and she placed me on hold for almost two minutes to get the answer. That, in and of itself, was a deal breaker for me (not that she placed me on hold for two minutes but that she didn't know what/or if they have beer on tap) but Then she came back and exclaimed, "We don't have any beer on tap, only bottles." Wow!

See you at the Ellicott Mills Brewing Company!

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL, Thanks for double checking!

I drove by the other day and it looked nice. Then I went online to check out the menu and bar and got concerned that it was a little fancier than I'd like. I didn't see beer on the site anywhere so I just assumed they didn't have it. I don't think my WUS reputation (whatever that may be!) would survive holding a GTG at a place with no beer on tap!!!

I'm in total agreement!

However, I found it hard to believe that an establishment that has happy hour doesn't have beer so I just called and spoke with Lisa. I asked her what beer they have on tap and she placed me on hold for almost two minutes to get the answer. That, in and of itself, was a deal breaker for me (not that she placed me on hold for two minutes but that she didn't know what/or if they have beer on tap) but Then she came back and exclaimed, "We don't have any beer on tap, only bottles." Wow!

See you at the Ellicott Mills Brewing Company!

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Dan,

What's the count look like? I know you were going to survey other forums. Just wondering.

Bacari

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Bacari,

we Have 3 Yes and a maybe from here and 3 maybe's from another site so far.

Dan,

What's the count look like? I know you were going to survey other forums. Just wondering.

Bacari

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Dan,

Looks like we're getting some traction. You may want to post in the Casio, Omega, and Rolex forums. Lots of WIS's from this area in those forums and the last gathering I saw began in the Rolex and Omega forums. Just a thought.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good Idea! I'll hit them up!

Everyone, please feel free to post a link to this in other forums or bump the ones that you see out there. It would be awesome to get a bunch of folks together!!

Dan,

Looks like we're getting some traction. You may want to post in the Casio, Omega, and Rolex forums. Lots of WIS's from this area in those forums and the last gathering I saw began in the Rolex and Omega forums. Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts