WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Ever chose a band first, then the watch?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,251 Posts
No. I do not. Simply because the latter is the more expensive of the two. It is easier to find straps that match a watch then the reverse. Or did I misinterpret you question?

~JB

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just browsing through bands recently, and there are some really nice ones available. I was just thinking about starting there and working backwards to find a watch I like.

For instance, I like the Hirsch Ostrich bands. What would look good with those?

david

No. I do not. Simply because the latter is the more expensive of the two. It is easier to find straps that match a watch then the reverse. Or did I misinterpret you question?

~JB

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
I was just browsing through bands recently, and there are some really nice ones available. I was just thinking about starting there and working backwards to find a watch I like.

For instance, I like the Hirsch Ostrich bands. What would look good with those?

david

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Well I sort of did for my last purchase I wanted something to go really well with a brown croc so a white dial was order of the day.

I had the strap from when I had my PO and I'm very pleased with how it all worked out.

·
Registered
8,410 Posts
Maybe just wear bands with no watches... :think:

I think I might be on to something!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Kinda. I recently came across some stingray straps. It's a very... unique looking material. I'd love to try a strap like that, but can't really imagine a watch that would look good on one.

Strap browsing tends to be a dangerous passtime.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
No....

I take the entire watch as a whole:

Dial symmetry [layout]
Dial color
Bezel design
Crown design
Hour/Minute hand design
Size
and Bracelet.

A watch might have a terrific bracelet, but the dial may not interest me. I've seen a few watches that had fantastic bracelets, but the dials were uninspiring or, the watch didn't sing to me.

Frank

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.