WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Double posted at the Seiko/Citizen forum:
I was recently looking to purchase a Watchadoo on the bay for my Orange Monster, and they were out of the 20mm brushed version that I wanted. I did a little research and found ebay seller Bandfever which has nice solid stainless lumpy style bracelets in various sizes with a butterfly clasp...... for $43 shipped from Bandfever in NY. I went ahead and ordered.

Bracelet arrived yesterday. The initial impression and fit and finish is very impressive. The bracelet is heavy - over 4 oz. according to the seller. It is probably 50% thicker than the stock OM bracelet. Everything is solid stainless including the end links, and the clasp seems well made and secure. The brushed surfaces compliment the monster nicely.

It uses standard friction pins and was easy to size. The main issue with the bracelet the lack of micro-adjustments that you have with a traditional clasp. I had to settle for having the bracelet just a tad more loose than I prefer. This will be a personal thing - some may get a perfect fit.

As another warning, the 2.5mm Seiko spring bars do not fit the bracelet. I then tried the small spring bars that came with the bracelet (likely 1.5mm) and they were too small, as the entire end of the bar would slip into the Monster's drilled lugs. Frustrated, I searched my watch box and found an old rubber strap that had 20mm spring bars and tried them, they are likely 1.7 or 2mm, and they worked perfectly.

In summary, I very much like the bracelet, although it may take a little more fuss than the Watchadoo to fit. It also has a slightly different look than the Watchadoo. The links are longer and less rounded, for a sleeker, less lumpy feel. I like the lumpy look of the Watchadoo. The Bandfever bracelet is also very comfortable. I will definitely keep it. I may end up buying a Watchadoo at some point as well for the better fit and more lumpy goodness..

Pros:
Comfortable
Well made butterfly clasp
High quality solid SS bracelet.
Ships from U.S. (less wait for consumers located here).

Cons:
Hard to find correct size spring bars
Lack of micro adjustments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Thanks for the review, I've been looking at this bracelet as an alternative to the Watchadoo Lumpy/Yobokies Anvil, and it's great to see some decent pictures of it at last! I think the lack of micro adjustment may be a deal breaker for me though.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I should have 24mm gold plated version coming in couple weeks.
thanks for the review.:-!

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a side by side comparison, Watchadoo on the right.

·
Registered
123 Posts
dnslater,

Good find and good review. I picked one up a couple of years ago. Agree with all you say. Heavy and solid. Lack of micro adjustments is the biggest weakness, and a pretty big one in my opinion. Still a good value for the money. Mine came with polished center links, which I quickly brushed out, as evidenced in the final picture.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have the 24mm brushed Bandfever i got for my ecozilla. Another thing I like is that it doesnt taper like the watchadoo but then again the lack of micro adjustments is really annoying. I fall between sizes so its to loose or to tight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did some research. I have some information for you. The band has a 2mm pin hole. This better fits a 1.78mm pin. Those can be purchases with a 1.1mm tip which fits the Seiko exactly. You might consider picking some of these up for those customers with dive watches. The pins you sent are 1.5mm with 0.8mm tips. The 1.5mm pin is a sloppy fit anyway. I ordered some pins that should fit correctly

You had asked me to let you know about the pins I ordered to fit the band I bought from you. I got them and they fit my Seiko Orange Monster great. I bought them from eBay seller Twente(o) (10287)

4 x SPRINGBARS with Catches Stainless Steel 20 x 1 78mm | eBay

BandFever

1 - 8 of 8 Posts