WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Thanks Greg,

I think you mean this image:

I won't recomend full color prints on T-Shirts. No matter how good they are, they will eventually get lost or at least fade out after washing (and still pretty quick). The best methode is screen printing. I just was at my graphic designer yesterday who showed me a "cheap good Quality" screen printer in Leuven, Belgium.

For a 2 color screen print it was around €380.- ex VAT (19%!) for around 30 shirts. The printing itself is pretty cheap, but making up the film for every color costs €40.- everywhere I looked. Actually I was looking forewartd for next year. My website will be excisting 5 years then, as it is in 2008 also 25 years ago G-Shock released the first model, the DW-5000.

For a mutual G-Shock Forum logo print I think it's maybe an idea to make one graphical logo, so everyone can use it to print it on their own shirtrs. A print in a local print shop will be much easier then sending out T-Shirts everywhere around the world and you can choose a size of your choice and make as many as you want. Like Stan2424 wrote in the G-Shock T-Shirt thread, local printing is very cheap everywhere. Even in our small city we have several "copy shops" that print them.

Actually I like a T-Shirt I saw in Japan once. It were the contoures of the Frogman showing time just in one color. Since our URL isn't www.watchuseek/gshockforum anymore but https://www.watchuseek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17 I don't think it's wise to put the URL under it. I have a red print on a black T-Shirt in my mind, with the time showing 20:08. Maybe a small text "tough since 1983" or "resist since 1983" would do great. I don't like juvenile texts. THe main reason I started my website was because people were making jokes with me and my G-Shock's and I have heard enough jokes about G-Spots, etc.

I believe the T-Shirt I meant is from the same series as the one from nano.universe shown on page 091 in G-Shock Official Book (I thought that design I meant was shown somewhere too, but I couldn't find it.

Just my 5 cents...

Sjors

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Paul,

Welll, what I have in mind looks very much to the cover of the 2oth anniversary book, which came by the 20 Aniversary GW-300 model. I see it's a graphic design of a GW-300 or a G-2000 (I can't see it from this picture).

picture by Dive Frogger

I know there is a Frogman T-Shirt circulating in Japan with a similar disign, but then black on white. The combination of red on black would be great and only needs one color screen. In other words, simple, aesthetic and clear design. The print's original should probavbly look a bit like this:

Note you need a pretty high resolution picture to make a good looking print. BTW, I actually saw a 3D color copy print yesterday. In the near furure you can virtually copy all 3D objects in color!

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Paul,

Go to Dive Froggers Blog, you'll see a DW-6300 Frogman with the same book as background.

This is the my result of a quick try in Photoshop with the low res pic in my earlier post.... Imagine the black lines red and the background black. I think it will end up pretty goog, don't you think...

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Paul,

Go to Dive Froggers Blog, you'll see a DW-6300 Frogman with the same book as background.

This is the my result of a quick try in Photoshop with the low res pic in my earlier post.... Imagine the black lines red and the background black. I think it will end up pretty goog, don't you think...

can you finish that picture sjors and send me a link to it as i would like to have a go at it
cheers
ps i dont have photoshop

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Paul,

I think you should need a proffesional to make the pic cleaner, but this is more like it...

I'm off now, shopping out of town. I think I should take a very clear similar picture on my lab (good white background of the tables).

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
397 Posts

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
follow the thread in the second post...

·
Registered
606 Posts
How limited is the Kawasaki G-300KRT-1AVDR? What's the top price that I should pay for it?
The number of good looking Gs is simply crazy:-d

·
Registered
606 Posts
:-d The price is good but the P&P is way too much. I will be happy for them to stuff the watch into a padded envelope to save on postage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts