WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
watchuseek banner.jpg

Hello fellow Watchuseekers! BARTON Watch Bands (#BartonBands) was founded by long time watchuseek admirers with an eye for affordable watches in particular. However, as a business, we've stayed on the forum sidelines... until now! Last month, we pulled the trigger and decided to sponsor the forum that provided much of the inspiration to launch our Company. So, we thought we would use the opportunity to share our products.

All of Our straps are designed to be swapped in and out faster than the speed of love. So, for every outfit and occasion, you can keep your #wristgame on point. Our family of high quality, yet affordable straps will bring life to any timepiece with an 18mm, 20mm, 22mm or 24mm lug width (with 16mm coming next).

We'll be using this thread to post pictures from customers (and some of our own) of our favorite affordable watches accompanied by our straps. We would welcome and encourage you to do the same... And if we like a forum member's picture enough for us to share it on our own site or on social media, we'll even throw the strap of your choice in your direction on the house.

Leather Quick Release ($24)
Utilizing top grain leathers and select aniline dyes, our leather quick release straps will have you more excited than Thor at a two-for-one
hammer sale! Read more about the design features here and check out the collection.

leather banner.jpg

NATO STYLE STRAP ($11.85)
Our NATO Style straps are a little unique in that the utilize a combination of RAF & G10 NATO strap design. We're not huge fans of all the clunky metal on traditional NATO straps, so we opted for a nylon keeper loop... which we feel provides a cleaner look. We also offer two different strap lengths as we know not everyone is a fan of having to fold back the free end on some of the longer NATOs out there. Feel free to read more about the design here and checkout the collection here.

nato banner.jpg

SILICONE QUICK RELEASE ($13.35)
These buttery silicone straps are the current superstar and best sellers of our product line. Ideal for an active lifestyle, the quick release
spring bars allow allow you to take your timepiece from the workplace to the gym in a matter of seconds. Feel free to read more about the design and explore the current collection of 13 colors.

qrs banner.jpg

For those still reading, thanks for making it all the way through! We're available to respond to inquiries seven days a week, so never hesitate to message us with a question about our products or just to say hi... And don't forget to use this thread to share your #BartonBand pics with your fellow watchuseekers!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Re: BARTON Watch Bands - Affordable, High Quality Bands for Affordable Watches

I purchased a Barton strap recently, and I was very impressed with the quality and price! The leather is very soft and not overly stiff, and the quick release spring bars are awesome! I may be purchasing a silicone soon to go on my SKX for a trip to Guatemala in the spring!

Here it is on my SRP701:

IMG_7262.jpg

And here are the quick release spring bars:

IMG_7254.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
11,968 Posts
^ You're 701 looks sweet on that strap.

But about your SKX, these straps probably won't work. Well, technically they will. But the SKX uses Seiko's fat spring bars with larger diameter tips. Standard spring bars will fit, but they will be floating in the larger holes. This may cause "clicking" as your wrist flexes. Also, and they can elongate or un-round the holes with time and extended use.

·
Registered
293 Posts
^ You're 701 looks sweet on that strap.

But about your SKX, these straps probably won't work. Well, technically they will. But the SKX uses Seiko's fat spring bars with larger diameter tips. Standard spring bars will fit, but they will be floating in the larger holes. This may cause "clicking" as your wrist flexes. Also, and they can elongate or un-round the holes with time and extended use.
Thanks for the compliment on the SRP! And thanks for the advice on the SKX and silicone strap. The guys at Barton also messaged me with the same thoughts. It completely slipped my mind about the fat spring bars, and I may consider a nato instead!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,968 Posts
^ If you like a strap they have and/or want to patronize them, you can ask that they send you the strap sans spring bars and pick up some fat-end/regular-thickness spring bars from eBay.

(Some straps will also accept fat spring bars - they just might be a little tight. I wouldn't openly and out-and-out recommend that to anybody since it takes some judgement and discretion and I've ruined some straps and spring bars doing it.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Those are some great pics brownkp! Looking good |>... especially like the lighting on the third one. Brandon\ is dead on regarding the fat boy spring bars on the SKX. I own one myself and typically use it with the original fat boy spring bars in combination with one of our NATO Style straps.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hey BartonWatchBands, did you guys happen to get my private messages? I'm afraid I have something going on with my messaging so I'm just trying to make sure they're getting through.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hey everyone, thanks for those posts! Awesome pics and beautiful watches. We already contacted one poster (he knows who he is) and sent him a quick release leather band on the house in appreciation for posting the pic. Please keep them coming as we hope will be doing much more of that!

Next up, is a Tag Chronograph Calibre 1887 with one of our Black/Smoke (Bond) NATO Style straps. This prime pic was sent to us from a customer in Ohio.

tag chrono calibre 1887 with bond.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts

Those are some great pics brownkp! Looking good |>... especially like the lighting on the third one. Brandon\ is dead on regarding the fat boy spring bars on the SKX. I own one myself and typically use it with the original fat boy spring bars in combination with one of our NATO Style straps.
Hi guys! I just came across this thread after ordering two bands - leather and silicon - for my skx013 last week. I totally forgot about the bigger spring bars and got too excited browsing on your site! Is there any way I can take out the quick release bars from the straps and put in my Seiko ones instead? I don't want my purchase to go to waste.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I was very disappointed in the Barton nato that I bought from Amazon and returned it. Cheap and thin. In the future I go with other sellers.

·
Registered
966 Posts

Hi guys! I just came across this thread after ordering two bands - leather and silicon - for my skx013 last week. I totally forgot about the bigger spring bars and got too excited browsing on your site! Is there any way I can take out the quick release bars from the straps and put in my Seiko ones instead? I don't want my purchase to go to waste.

The only way I know how to do that ruins the quick release spring bar. If you're up for that, just pull the quick release level off with pliers or cut it with wire snips. Then you can remove the spring bar from the strap and use the originals from Seiko.

·
Registered
10,859 Posts
I have to say that unlike Siwash, I just sprung for three straps and have been exceedingly happy with each.

I ran across the canvas as a replacement for a disappointing Hadley Roma cordura that was a little too short and a little too frayed, but snagged two more due to sale pricing.

I have to say that so far the canvas has been excellent-- a nice step up from Hadley Roma's particular product. If I had advice, it would be to expand the range of canvas straps with more 'distressed' or 'vintage' or other subtle colors.

The leather strap frankly wowed me for the price. I feel like I wish I could say more nice things about it, but that sums it up-- a great strap at a great price and I'll probably be buying more in the future.

I also got an RAF strap in XL to try it and that one is good too. I have to say that I could probably spend more and get a better NATO style strap, but again-- very pleased for the price. If you have aa 7.5-8" wrist, definitely get the XL version of the RAF. I've had problems with other "XL" straps being waaaaaaay too long-- like sized for 9"+ wrists when all I really need in an extra half an inch or so to get a nice tuck. The sizing info on the RAF was helpful.

Happy to support local folks, and the products were all frankly better than expected. I'll try to get some pics later.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I received my Barton straps last week and have been so impressed with them so far they haven't come off my watch. I followed a video Barton posted on their facebook page to get the spring bars out without ruining them, and after sliding my fat boys in they were ready to go!

The gingerbread leather band is so soft and has already moulded to my wrist. It looks fantastic on my skx013. It dries quickly when wet and the stitching is robust. It's a great band for the price.

The real winner for me is the silicon band though. The band is so comfortable I am often forgetting that i'm wearing my watch. It has already survived some adventures in the Aussie outback and looks like new. Water, charcoal, mud, and algae all wipe off with no stains and it looks slick on the wrist.

Thanks Barton for some quality straps at a reasonable price! I will definitely be buying more.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I have to say that unlike Siwash, I just sprung for three straps and have been exceedingly happy with each.

I ran across the canvas as a replacement for a disappointing Hadley Roma cordura that was a little too short and a little too frayed, but snagged two more due to sale pricing.

I have to say that so far the canvas has been excellent-- a nice step up from Hadley Roma's particular product. If I had advice, it would be to expand the range of canvas straps with more 'distressed' or 'vintage' or other subtle colors.

The leather strap frankly wowed me for the price. I feel like I wish I could say more nice things about it, but that sums it up-- a great strap at a great price and I'll probably be buying more in the future.

I also got an RAF strap in XL to try it and that one is good too. I have to say that I could probably spend more and get a better NATO style strap, but again-- very pleased for the price. If you have aa 7.5-8" wrist, definitely get the XL version of the RAF. I've had problems with other "XL" straps being waaaaaaay too long-- like sized for 9"+ wrists when all I really need in an extra half an inch or so to get a nice tuck. The sizing info on the RAF was helpful.

Happy to support local folks, and the products were all frankly better than expected. I'll try to get some pics later.
I have a canvas strap on my Aevig Huldra and am happy with it for the price. A little thin but not in a bad way. It is comfortable but feels solid enough. I agree on the colors though. I really feel like it is missing a khaki or coyote brown and a lighter grey. So you liked yours better than the Hadley Cordura? I was thinking about ordering one of those for comparison. I did just buy a Helm canvas to see how it stacks up. Canvas is harder to find than I expected.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts