WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This is a strap made for a customer that has some great ideas. It uses a baseball stitch pattern, offset holes and a rounded corners tip. It was really a challenge laying out the stitch holes for this strap. If the spacing shifts just a little bit the change to the stitch angle is really visible and jumps right out. Since only a single pass with the needle is passing through each hole, the holes made by my usual 4 hole punch would have been to big, so I had to make each hole by hand with an awl.

Here's the pics:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Looks GREAT David, now ship her home so I can get some wrist shots!

David was a real pleasure to work with, he put up with my 'crazy' ideas and made them happen for me!
This is going on my Kremke Valkyrie #13; I'll post picks when I get it in hand.
thanks again Dave!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Pleasure Don. It's going out tomorrow.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Wow - that is an amazing looking strap. Nice collaboration, guys. I'm a big fan of baseball glove leather straps, but that stitching really takes it to a whole new level of baseballidom (baseballishness?). The holes are really well done, though it's almost a shame it has to have any holes at all. A clasp just wouldn't look right though - baseball straps need to have a buckle, I think.

I might have to get something like this for myself... expect a PM soon, amacman :)

·
Registered
9,439 Posts
maybe a Custom Buckle as well ??!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That'd be awesome with the inset for the tang shifted over, to match the hole location.
Nice project, I love baseball stitched stuff.
DW
I've been looking for some buckles without that notch. I may have to bust out the files next time around.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Given the offset stitching (and holes) the buckle doesn't work for me... maybe some sort of deployment would be better.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Lots of buckles don't contain that inset, I recall Shane DeL made some offset straps with buckles like that, maybe they were panerai style.
DW

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lots of buckles don't contain that inset, I recall Shane DeL made some offset straps with buckles like that, maybe they were panerai style.
DW
Its not so much of an issue of finding a buckle as it is finding a way to buy 1 of those buckles without it costing more than the strap. I used a screw in buckle, so the owner can always swap it out for a custom or big $ buckle down the road.

If you find a source for the buckle that will do a small qty at a reasonable price please PM me.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Given the offset stitching (and holes) the buckle doesn't work for me... maybe some sort of deployment would be better.
I almost went with no holes, wasn't sure how it would look, but i'm sure David would do another one for me! ;)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Its not so much of an issue of finding a buckle as it is finding a way to buy 1 of those buckles without it costing more than the strap. I used a screw in buckle, so the owner can always swap it out for a custom or big $ buckle down the road.

If you find a source for the buckle that will do a small qty at a reasonable price please PM me.
yes, we decided to go with the 'standard' buckle, I might look into a high dollar buckle, but I don't think it will bother me too bad.
Also, YES if you have a reasonable priced buckle with offset tang, i'll buy one!!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
That's one if the most unique straps... If only the buckle would help.... Congrats on a great design...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts