WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ron will probably enjoy this, hope he's relatively ok; thinking about him.

Basel this year was a bit of a mixed bag, some very nice improvements with most of the launches, one! really new technical development - and not in horology but transmitters and power supplies, on the other side some unbelievably ugly BB behemoth.

here is a piece from what probably was the greatest Basel fair Breitling ever had, 1969 - launching (one of) the world's first automatic chronograph movements, the first automatic Dive Chronograph - and a range of impressive, gutsy, bold new watch designs - among them the TransOcean chronographs, 2119 (later 2129) with the Cal. 11 Breitling/Heuer/Bueren automatic micro-rotor chronograph movement.

44 years old, still quite impressive - and huge for the period with a width of 42mm
some nice sunlight in Vienna, so grabbed some pics, hope some of you will enjoy them !

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Not a huge fan of vintage watches (blessphemy to say so in Fred's thread) but I could certainly see myself wearing this one.
Very nice indeed Fred!!!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a huge fan of vintage watches (blessphemy to say so in Fred's thread) but I could certainly see myself wearing this one.
Very nice indeed Fred!!!
no problem, Wes; but isn't it funny you are drawn towards all the re-interpretations of the classic icons - Navi 01, Connie, Olympus, Premier ?
let me tell you, it is just great to wear the originals.

;)

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Fred, let me tell you, I HAVE to tell myself that I am not a fan of vintage watches for the sake of wessa family integrity ;-) The last thing I need is another buying spree :)
I should have added the words "in general" in my comment above as there are some stunning vintage examples, many of which you have shared here with us here.
As for me, perhaps I have not evolved to that level of watches appreciation yet.
A bit like drinking wine, normally as youngsters we prefer sweeter fruity wines but as our tastes evolve we begin to appreciate more dry and woody varieties ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts